Dating Rules

Options
124»

Replies

• lanajaymurphy
    Options
    Yea, those don't sound like cats.
    They play with dogs so that makes sense.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    My cat used to play fetch. Now he just looks at his toy, then at me, then lays down.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    A local radio station actually asked this during their afternoon talk show. It's an all-male show in the afternoon, but I've been listening for a while and they are funny, manly-men, but not terribly sexist. They all said basically that if they were over 30, and certainly over 40, and back in the dating scene that they would "expect" their date to "put out" by the 2nd date.

Now, I'm over 40, and NOT very prude (I work in women's healthcare, so sex pretty much pays my bills), but even *I* was a little taken aback by that. I won't say I wouldn't sleep with someone on the first date (assuming I was single) but to think that normal men "expect" it by the 2nd date is a little much, IMHO. But whatever, their loss. ;)

Honestly, I hope that's true. If you think you're going to get sex from me just because it's date #2, you're going to be disappointed, and I am more than happy to let you walk.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Lots of crazies out there.........

Too many people are attached to their gadgets these days. I can't even have a conversation with my kids or relatives without having to tell them "Turn your damn phone off and quit staring at it when we're talking"....

If I had to be on a date with someone and they were "checking" their phone, it'd last about 30 seconds, and they'd be checking it alone.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    A local radio station actually asked this during their afternoon talk show. It's an all-male show in the afternoon, but I've been listening for a while and they are funny, manly-men, but not terribly sexist. They all said basically that if they were over 30, and certainly over 40, and back in the dating scene that they would "expect" their date to "put out" by the 2nd date.

Now, I'm over 40, and NOT very prude (I work in women's healthcare, so sex pretty much pays my bills), but even *I* was a little taken aback by that. I won't say I wouldn't sleep with someone on the first date (assuming I was single) but to think that normal men "expect" it by the 2nd date is a little much, IMHO. But whatever, their loss. ;)

Honestly, I hope that's true. If you think you're going to get sex from me just because it's date #2, you're going to be disappointed, and I am more than happy to let you walk.

Do people actually go out on traditional "dates" anymore though?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Does and don’t in Romance

Do tell her you like her skin
    Don’t tell her you want to wear it…

Do tell her after a while in relationship how you are jealous of her shoes because they take her away from you
    Don’t tell her that you wish to wear her shoes so you could be with her every step of the way, on the first date…

Do tell her you love how she looks in her sleep
    Don’t tell her this while looking through her houses window from outside at 3 AM…

Do tell her how smooth she feels after shaving
    Don’t ask her if you can have the hair for making a doll that you’ll be using later on…

Do workout with her at the gym
    Don’t start licking her sweat telling her you will be returning her the fluids later on…

Do kiss her feet
    Don’t start biting her nails saying “mmm, crunchy, kinda like the chicken bones”

Do surprise her with champagne
    Don’t put roofie in it and then kidnap her, keeping her in the basement, collecting her belly button lint and feeding it to her and her cat and when the cat gets nice and fat from the lint, shaving the cat and making a wig out of the hair.

And this is why I :heart: :heart: you Taunto!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    rules are good because men only have guidelines.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Please don't bite them on the head..
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have "Screening" questions that I ask within the 1st few days to determine if me and the individual are compatible.

1 - favourite type of music (if it is not the same, I pretty much know right away things are not going to work)
    2 - dogs or cats
    3 - oysters - yes or no?

...there is a few more, but i forget them. If they answer correctly, everything will turn out just fine.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was watching real world last week, yeah I watch that crap and seen one of the characters be very clingy "I would move here for you!" she said after he never asked. Poor girl. So don't be clingy