So depressed about weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    "I average around 1200 or 1300 a day and I work out by running 30 minutes then cycling 45 and then I lift free weights doing legs one day and arms/back the next 5 days a week "

You eat 1200 calories a day.

Then you burn about 300 running, appros 450 cycling, and then you lift weights (I burn 330 cals an hour lifting weights so I'm gonna go easy and guess you burn 150)....

Meaning you eat 1200, you burn 900... you are netting 300 calories a day?

No wonder your body wants to hold onto what fat it has.
  • KlaJWolf
    KlaJWolf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't let a scale determine your fitness level. I remember weighing 148 pounds when I shipped off to boot camp. For 2 months, I was worked and worked and worked. The last day our drill sergeants had us do a weigh-in. I thought "I'm so excited, I look great, feel great, I bet I've lost a ton of weight!". I stepped on that scale and when it said 150! I about died. I had a whole new body, but I learned a valuable lesson that muscle weighs more than fat that day. I'lll never judge my body based on a scale again!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    also, my advice is cheer up. Making positive changes in your life begins with a positive attitude!

Healthy food is yummy- enjoy it!

Life is meant to be lived! Living life involves using your body- bike rides and running with your dog and surfing and rock climbing are all fun AND exercise!

I was thinking the other day that most people get off work, go home, and sit in front of a tv while eating crappy food to relax. I relax by working out. I actually enjoy it.

And I lost 50 lbs on MFP (gained back 15, 8 of which is muscle mass! FTW!) and I ENJOYED the experience of losing that weight.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    "I average around 1200 or 1300 a day and I work out by running 30 minutes then cycling 45 and then I lift free weights doing legs one day and arms/back the next 5 days a week "

You eat 1200 calories a day.

Then you burn about 300 running, appros 450 cycling, and then you lift weights (I burn 330 cals an hour lifting weights so I'm gonna go easy and guess you burn 150)....

Meaning you eat 1200, you burn 900... you are netting 300 calories a day?

No wonder your body wants to hold onto what fat it has.

You, sir, are far too logical.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I average around 1200 or 1300 a day and I work out by running 30 minutes then cycling 45 and then I lift free weights doing legs one day and arms/back the next 5 days a week

Crying isn't going to help you, there is no room for negative emotoins in weight loss. Whatever happens that's bad, brush the dirt off your shoulders and keep moving forward. Many times i have failed in the passed because of "negative emotions." so keep them out of this..

You're more than likely not eating enough.
    Go here: http://physiquelore.com/harris-benedict/

enter your stats, and it will tell you "to maintain your weight you must eat x amount of calories." multiple that number by 0.80. That's how many calories you should be eating to lose weight.

^^ I start this method a couple weeks ago and started seeing the pounds go down, also the scale can be a major *kitten*! Try not to get so worked up by the numbers.. Also take your measurements and measure yourself about once a month.. it is sooo hard I know but I do think you are not eating enough, and you have to be consistent 100% of the time.. hope this helps! feel free to add me if you would like a motivating friend :)
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8", 180 and am frustrated. I'm with you sister. I've been on here for a year and have lost 10 pounds total over a year+ If you want to team up let me know because I too am at my wits end.
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to be on MFP every single day....more then once a day if at all possible. Log it all, even the oils or butter or condiments you use It all adds up quickly and the calories appear in places that would shock you. On my diary at times I will put a foot note to help me in the future. Usually what works for me or not.

It's easy to get discouraged, but lean on this group. Be here every day and you will make it!
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    I did MFP about a year ago. Lost 30 lbs. Then life happened and my mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I gave up, gained back 20 lbs. Logging what passes your gums is the key. I started back and find that I love the control of logging my food. You will have good days and bad days. Just remember, someone thinks that you are beautiful and try to see yourself from their eyes. You got this!
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    here for support.. req sent