Canned chicken anybody?

Options
2»

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to eat canned chicken after seeing the sweet sue pictures.
    They just shoved that poor chicken into the can. I would hate to see that factory.
    But I guess everyone has different tastes and likes. Can't muster that.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+sweet+sue+canned+chicken&qpvt=pictures+of+sweet+sue+canned+chicken&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=6626BE0461D27858EEAEF7C1E5CC980CBEB6A365&selectedIndex=8
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Its also super expensive in aus for what it is, I would rather just pay a extra $2 and get a descent sized breasts
  • Elena1259
    Elena1259 Posts: 6
    Options
    I use it for sandwiches & salad (w/ whatever pasta I have & mayo-& veggies; if available) when I'm low on other foods. Love it on a wheat roll w/ ranch dressing, cheese, & lettuce. If you go to www.allrecipes.com & type it in the search bar, you should find some excellent recipes.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Chicken comes in a can? :noway:

This. I have never ever heard of chicken coming in a can. Guess it must not of taken off in England lol

:laugh:
    I don't eat chicken anyway but I've never heard of it coming in a can.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Chicken comes in a can? :noway:

hee hee! Yep, and I don't like it at all. :sick:
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to eat canned chicken after seeing the sweet sue pictures.
    They just shoved that poor chicken into the can. I would hate to see that factory.
    But I guess everyone has different tastes and likes. Can't muster that.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+sweet+sue+canned+chicken&qpvt=pictures+of+sweet+sue+canned+chicken&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=6626BE0461D27858EEAEF7C1E5CC980CBEB6A365&selectedIndex=8

I knew I would regret that!! YUCK!
  • danakit
    danakit Posts: 3
    Options
    I buy the canned chicken from Sam's club and keep it on hand for a quick fix on the weekend for my family. This is a tried and true recipe.

1 can chicken breast, drained and separated well with a fork
    1/4 reduced fat mayo (or so)
    1/4-1/3 cup pickled relish
    1 dash (or so ) Texas Pete hot sauce
    1 tsp mustard (optional)
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Mix this together and serve on bread or crackers. Wah-La! This is low fat, fast and fabulous! Good Luck!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    for tacos and I used to put it in all my soups for my lunches for extra protein.
  • danakit
    danakit Posts: 3
    Options
    This is a tried and true recipe I use on the weekend for my family when we need a quick fix.

1 can chicken breast, drained and separated well with a fork
    1/4 -1/3 cup pickle relish (drain a little)
    1/4 cup (or so) reduced fat mayo
    1 dash (or so) Texas Pete hot sauce
    salt/ pepper to taste
    ( I like to add a little mustard too for kicks)

Mix this all up and serve with crackers or bread . low fat, fast, fabulous
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I sometimes take a 10oz can and mix with buffalo sauce and put on a tortilla with spinach for lunch