Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Whenever the hell you want to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me, probably never. But if you feel that you look good in it, do it!
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    When you go to the beach. Never while shopping at WalMart.

Seriously, wear what you feel good wearing and wear it proud!
    LOL! This!

I'm a curvy size 14/16 and I purchased my first bikini. It's in a retro style (looks like something Marilyn Monroe would have worn). I may have an atypical "bikini body" but I don't care. The trick is feeling good in your own skin, regardless of your size!

Where did you get your suit! It sounds exactly like the style I have been looking for.

To the OP: Rock a bikini whenever you want, as long as you are comfortable and confident that's all that matters.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 175, bought the bikini I wear now when I was 189 as inspiration, but I wear it now and I think I look fine. No worse than everyone else on a Minnesota beach (aka everyone is verrrrry pale lol) It is all about confidence. I don't give two sh*ts what anyone thinks of me in my bikini.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you were wearing one in that photo, while weighing about 20Ibs more, why are you asking now if it is okay to wear one?
    I am confused.
  • sheilabenoit
    sheilabenoit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When ever you please!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You can wear a bikini whenever you damn well please.
  • kelooki
    kelooki Posts: 22
    Options
    I feel that bikinis are overrated. There are so many other cute swimsuit styles that are waaaay more flattering than a bikini.
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I went to the beach yesterday in my conservative looking bikini. I am no where near perfect. My stomach giggles a little (had two kids), my thighs aren't perfect, but I wore it. I was a little self conscious because I know I do not look as good as I potentially could, but it is the BEACH!!!!!! Unfortunately, I forgot something back at the car, and ran back to get it, and overheard some (overweight) women talking about how inappropriate I look, but how they admire my confidence. They did not realize that I was turning right around. I was upset, but thinking about it, they are the ones that are judgmental and obviously unhappy. I am not going to cover up in a sweatshirt and long pants at the beach. My hubby said I looked good, so that is all I am worried about!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    This might not be the most popular response but if your belly sags over the front of your bikini and it looks like you're not actually wearing a bottom piece then you should probably just get a one piece suit.

Also if you are heavier PLEASE get one that fits properly.

my man is brutally honest but probably true ..

I would say it depends...
  • iggylove123
    iggylove123 Posts: 302
    Options
    hmmm okay! I'm down to about 29.75 in my waist and below 39 in my hips! I mean SOCIALLY acceptable so a tons of people won't look at me like "oh sweet jesus no"
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I say whenever YOU FEEL GOOD in one :smile:
  • aimeekrn
    aimeekrn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When you go to the beach. Never while shopping at WalMart.

Seriously, wear what you feel good wearing and wear it proud!

THIS! :)
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So true...it just isn't a good idea to fry bacon while wearing a bikini....
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I think you look great.
    Nice tan as well.

Trust me I was @ the beach over the weekend, Your a +20 compared to what I saw.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Lets instead discuss when it is NOT ok to wear a bikini;
    1. Picking up your children from school
    2. Visiting your grandparents at their work
    3. Church
    4. While frying bacon
    5. Working on a sewer line
    6. If you are a man

Unless you are a man who can work a bikini, then ignore number 6! no judgement!

#4!!!! :laugh: Once I tried to be all romantic and cook breakfast for my BF in lingerie... Bacon grease does not feel good on exposed tummy/chest skin AT ALL! :embarassed:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If you can look at yourself in the mirror in a bikini without shying away from the reflection, you officially have a bikini body. Rock on.
  • maghenwarren
    maghenwarren Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As long as you're comfortable wearing it!!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want to, honey! You look amazing & don't worry about what others think, life is TOO short! I rock my 2 piece after 2 kids, so whatevs
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 10 now :)
    Well... to be perfectly honest? Marilyn Monroe was a size 10. And no one really cared if she could act, all they wanted to know was whether she was in focus.