Anyone else got ALOT to lose? or just me? :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This is the place to find support for loosing lots of weight. I started at 323 and am 91 lbs down, this month is my year anniversary with MFP. I have about 60-70 lbs (depending) left to go. Feel free to friend me! I'm all about getting the weight off and keeping it off :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm dow 90 lbs so far and am looking to get into triple digits. I've struggled a little with getting that last bit off (hoping Insanity will help), but I've kept the weight I've already lost off for over a year. It does work. Good luck.
  • Jodibeth79
    Options
    Me!!! I have never posted here before, but I've been lurking for weeks, mainly this board. I started at 340 and am now at 295. The first 40 really just fell off on their own after my husband passed away, then I gained a little back. Now I'm trying to make the rest happen. I get overwhelmed too when I think about the fact that I still have 125 lbs to go to get to my goal weight (I'm 5'11"), and how looong it's going to take. But the fact is, I have been sitting here complacent for years because of how overwhelming it is. and the time is going to keep ticking away whether I decide to finally do something about it or not. I've let myself be intimidated by how long it's going to take, but that time will be well spent if I'm working towards it, rather than just sitting here letting it go by, staying fat and miserable. Good luck to you.
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I started off thinking I have 7 stone to lose and to be honest never dreamed it possible, it seemed too daunting. I have now lost almost 2 stone and I am starting to believe I may actually get there, rather than settling for been heavier than I would really like. Break your weight down into goals, and when you reach that goal create a new one. My next goal is the 3st mark.

Feel free to add me I could do with some motivation. :-)
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You're not alone at all,

I started my journey at 20st 8lbs in May last year. I still have a long way to go too. Loving the journey though......:happy:
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me...or anyone else can. I'm new to this site, have lost 33 lbs with 50 to go! Thanks!
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    When I was pregnant I saw the scale say 297 and it was traumatic for me. After baby, it was 275 (I want to be at 149). It seemed so unattainable because I had 126 pounds to lose. A couple weeks ago the scale was at 248 and while that is only 27 pounds lost, I have under 100 pounds to lose now and that to me just gave me a little more hope. I have since made little goals which has mentally helped me not feel so overwhelmed. Plus, my endurance and fitness levels have improved SO much and I am much more active than before, which to me is as rewarding as the weight loss.
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    I have about 42 lbs to lose. current weight is 145lbs ,height:5.3. I want to get there soo bad. i am motivated.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Also check the search for small groups that include binge eating, over 200 lbs., 300 to lose etc. I can't recall all the names but if you type in what you're looking for you might find a group that's perfect for you.

At the top of main boards just click on the tab "Groups", it'll take you to them and you can search around a bit.:happy:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have about 63 plus to lose
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    welcome! and all the best! stay focused!
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    I started with MFP when I signed up for gym membership. I was 280 lbs at that time. It was a struggle at first but MFP and people around me keep me motivated. Now I'm down to 245 lbs and there's still 60 lbs to go. Looking forward to meeting friends here who share my struggles in losing the wight and keeping it off.
  • swats06
    swats06 Posts: 1
    Options
    hey...
    ssup?

you are not alone in this fight!
    even i got a lot to lose!! same age as you and weigh 155 lbs :(

don't lose heart....be motivated ....m sure u'll look great on ur friend's wedding!!

cheers!!
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have 28 lbs left to lose. Hang in there and stay strong!! You can do it!!!
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....I have a lot to lose so if your in the same boat as me please feel free to add me :))
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I started with a lot to loose, lost about 1/2 then started to put it back on. Well, I am here with a vengeance and have been loosing what I don't want. My original goal was a little over 100 pounds. I have lost 59 pounds from where I have stated. I am looking for about 45 more to go. I have HBP and asthma and an occasional lazy streak that is being taught mind over matter does work. I also love to be creative when I cook and not afraid to share. Add me if you like. The best progressive parties are had with friends!
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    Still have almost 100 lbs left to lose. Feel free to add me! <3
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    I started with a lot to loose, lost about 1/2 then started to put it back on. Well, I am here with a vengeance and have been loosing what I don't want. My original goal was a little over 100 pounds. I have lost 59 pounds from where I have stated. I am looking for about 45 more to go. I have HBP and asthma and an occasional lazy streak that is being taught mind over matter does work. I also love to be creative when I cook and not afraid to share. Add me if you like. The best progressive parties are had with friends!

Believe it or not, I was on the same boat as you. I am hypertensive and developed arthritis early. It became a struggle for me so much so that I tried slimming tea, slimming coffee, and popular diets but all for nothing. I did lose weight but gained everything back and more.

Those were depressing times until I decided enough is enough. I signed up with MFP and enrolled in a gym. I also started cooking again but this time I made sure I am aware of what I should be preparing. Now I can say after losing 30+ lbs, I feel better than ever.

You are right its mind over matter works and it took me ages to realize that.
  • Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I also have a good bit to lose at least 70lbs maybe more. I will have to reevaluate the situation when it comes. Hopefully by my 32nd birthday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!