any other truck driver wives looking for support

Options
Hey my name is Sue. My husband is a truck driver gone 3-4 @ a time. Looking for friends.

Replies

• semiorganized
    Options
    I am a trucker's wife. I now team drive with my husband. I was a SAHM for years. Our daughter is grown now. I looked through all of the groups and there are no groups for truckers or truckers wives. I may make one at some point, but need to get the hang of things first. Feel free to add me or whatever. I'm new to MFP. I mostly use the smart phone app.
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My dh drives also and is usually gone M-Saturday. I try to save up some calories for the weekend since I usually cook nicer meals then.
  • 2720cynthia
    Options
    Hey my name is Sue. My husband is a truck driver gone 3-4 @ a time. Looking for friends.

Is that 3-4 days or weeks? I don't know which would be better/worse!
  • 2720cynthia
    Options
    I am a trucker's wife. I now team drive with my husband. I was a SAHM for years. Our daughter is grown now. I looked through all of the groups and there are no groups for truckers or truckers wives. I may make one at some point, but need to get the hang of things first. Feel free to add me or whatever. I'm new to MFP. I mostly use the smart phone app.

You're very brave! I'm scared just to look at my husband's truck.
  • semiorganized
    Options
    The first time I got in the truck was over 15 years ago. It is very scary at first, but after riding along a few times you get used to the height. The car seems little when you get back into it. Driving is not much worse than driving a car, you just have a different vantage point. Backing is a learned skill that takes time and patience. The thing that scares me most about driving is all the idiots out there who unwittingly risk their lives because they don't know how to drive around big trucks.