Daily calories

Options
Hi!
I am new and I was actually really surprised at the amount of calories i am allowed in a day. I am kind of shocked in fact. I am allowed around 1600 calories a day and I am 5'4", female, 124ish pounds and 22. I am not looking to lose weight, but maintain my weight. I am not very active throughout my day but I run usually 5 days a week. Do you think this sounds about right or did I put something in wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kristineh86
    kristineh86 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new and I was actually really surprised at the amount of calories i am allowed in a day. I am kind of shocked in fact. I am allowed around 1600 calories a day and I am 5'4", female, 124ish pounds and 22. I am not looking to lose weight, but maintain my weight. I am not very active throughout my day but I run usually 5 days a week. Do you think this sounds about right or did I put something in wrong?

Thanks in advance!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Is this with your exercise calories included???

I have you at 1200 without exercise calories.
  • kristineh86
    Options
    nope!!
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    I have you at 1200 without exercise. Are you sure you entered your height correctly?
  • kristineh86
    Options
    hey yea i did...i dont get it!! help! haha
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Actually, it makes sense if you want to maintain. It would probably be 1200 calories if you were trying to lose weight.
  • kristineh86
    Options
    hmm okay...i just rechecked everything again. I mean..i don't want to gain weight but i also don't need to lose any. I guess it makes sense? Does it seem high to anyone else?
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    Actually, it makes sense if you want to maintain. It would probably be 1200 calories if you were trying to lose weight.

Thank you, you just beat me to it! I didn't realize it til I re-read her post!!!
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    hmm okay...i just rechecked everything again. I mean..i don't want to gain weight but i also don't need to lose any. I guess it makes sense? Does it seem high to anyone else?

Nope, seems perfect to me!
  • kristineh86
    Options
    THANK YOU!! :)
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    No problem!!! :flowerforyou: