Rasberry Ketone Drops

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What's your opinion on this? My sister in law is on the drops and she lost 21 pounds in 18 days.. its a supplement that tricks your body into thinking its thin and it's equivalent to the nutrients of 90 lbs of rasberries. It was on the Dr. Oz show as well!

Here's a link where it can be bought: http://www.amazon.com/health-personal-care/dp/B009L4D02Q

It's a useless scam designed to suck money out of your wallet.

I would also recommend that you entirely disregard supplements that Dr. Oz pushes on his show.

This.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yup, not the best use of your cash. You're better off spending the money on decent nutrition and gym time.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When you take the raspberry ketone as directed, you're supposed to only eat 800-1200 calories per day. Sooo, if it works, that's probably why.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Look at my ticker. I eat right, I exercise 5 days a week at the gym... I'm not buying this crap.

Then it would seem you have the same opinion of this as the person you're arguing with(?)

I don't understand why you would create a topic about a product that is known to cause a stir on here if you think it is crap and don't plan to buy it. Seems entirely pointless.

To anyone else who clicked this topic thinking about trying it, don't. It's a waste of money.
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    Dang! People are harsh!

I've heard about this and might try it soon. I'm a big believer in herbal supplements and high quality nutrition. I'll let you know if I try it!
  • OmniBlade
    OmniBlade Posts: 5
    Options
    Think about it rationally... ketones are used in your body when you are fasting and in starvation mode. Therefore you body will be less willing to part with stored energy and more willing to stockpile anything you give it. What kind of pseudo-scentific mumbo jumbo would ever make anyone think this would help weight loss?
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a nutritionist. She DVRs Dr. Oz just so she knows what her clients are talking about. She's had two clients in the hospital/ER because of taking this exact supplement.

I realize Oprah endorsed him, but Dr. Oz is a complete and all out QUACK.

As previous comments have said, it's the matter of adjusting your lifestyle...there are no quick fixes!!!!!!!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Dang! People are harsh!

I've heard about this and might try it soon. I'm a big believer in herbal supplements and high quality nutrition. I'll let you know if I try it!

did you read the rest of this thread?

this garbage doesn't work. People aren't harsh, but if you wanna just toss out money for something, at least donate it to a local animal shelter or something.
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    EDIT: I WORKOUT FIVE DAYS A WEEK AT THE GYM AND I EAT HEALTHY. I just want OPINIONS, and people to comment if they have tried it, that's all. so please stop judging me for asking a question, thanks. :drinker:

What's your opinion on this? My sister in law is on the drops and she lost 21 pounds in 18 days.. its a supplement that tricks your body into thinking its thin and it's equivalent to the nutrients of 90 lbs of rasberries. It was on the Dr. Oz show as well!

some more info: http://www.ketonedrops.com/faq/

Here's a link where it can be bought: http://www.amazon.com/health-personal-care/dp/B009L4D02Q

I lost 20lbs in 21 days when i first started MFP. i was severely obese. So to lose that much weight that quickly, your sister must have been pretty over weight. The drops do absolutely nothing.

Also if you're trying to claim your sister wasn't severely overweight and the drops had an effect... I noticed the links you posted... are you trying to sell them or what?? -cough cough-

no O___o I never even heard of them until like 30 minutes ago. She had it posted on facebook as I stated.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Dang! People are harsh!

I've not yet seen anyone make any personal attacks against the OP.

She asked for opinions and got several people urging her to disregard the supplement because it's a waste of money. I really don't see anything harsh about any of that.

I'd suggest you revisit the information in this thread before wasting your money.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My opinion is if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Options

Look at my ticker. I eat right, I exercise 5 days a week at the gym... I'm not buying this crap.

Then it would seem you have the same opinion of this as the person you're arguing with(?)

I don't understand why you would create a topic about a product that is known to cause a stir on here if you think it is crap and don't plan to buy it. Seems entirely pointless.

To anyone else who clicked this topic thinking about trying it, don't. It's a waste of money.

Sigh. I'm not arguing with ANYONE. I just wanted opinions. I NEVER ONCE said I was buying. I just wanted opinions. thanks
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a nutritionist. She DVRs Dr. Oz just so she knows what her clients are talking about. She's had two clients in the hospital/ER because of taking this exact supplement.

As previous comments have said, it's the matter of adjusting your lifestyle...there are no quick fixes!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Oz is a marketing genius. I'd call his a very super successful capitalist. He makes money, crazy amounts of money.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Think calorie deficit.

and pick things up and put them down.
    or whatever you like to do.

tumblr_l9lbs4Ur4g1qbjtzz.gif
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Options

thanks for your comment. I wouldn't try this stuff anyways, I just wanted opinions because my sister is on it and I don't want her sick.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    no O___o I never even heard of them until like 30 minutes ago. She had it posted on facebook as I stated.
    I'm guessing her Facebook got hacked...there's a ton of that going on, and even though I think Dr. Oz is a big sellout quack, I think half the stuff attributed to him on facebook is fake!
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Options
    I'm guessing her Facebook got hacked...there's a ton of that going on, and even though I think Dr. Oz is a big sellout quack, I think half the stuff attributed to him on facebook is fake!

I just hope she doesn't get sick from this crap if she IS on it..
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Think calorie deficit.

QFT!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    People use these products because they feel a bit of desperation, fear, anxiety about losing weight. Losing weight is mental as well as physical and very emotional ! If taking something like raspberry ketones (which may just be a placebo) helps someone and is not a harmful chemical....go for it. Eventually we all learn that eating right and moving our bodies WILL give us what we want, BUT everyone needs to discover this on their own. I've tried more fad diets and supplements than I can count on all my fingers and toes. It took me 45 years to get up the courage to believe in MYSELF. that I CAN do this the proper way!!
    To your health!! :drinker:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Think calorie deficit.

tumblr_l9lbs4Ur4g1qbjtzz.gif

for srs!