Skinny B*tch

Options
Hello everyone, just thought I'd recommend this book to anyone who is interested. It's called Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. I just finished it and it really opened my eyes to what we are eating, and why it's keeping us fat! As the cover says, it is "a no nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous!" .. and it really is - these ladies tell you how it is with lots of information and research to back up their arguments. It advocates for a lifestyle change - not some diet fad/ quick fix.

I will give this disclaimer, it is advocating for a vegetarian/ vegan lifestyle and there is one chapter (You Are What You Eat), that although very informative is pretty graphic.

Anyways, I highly recommend this book, you can find it in the Wellness/Diet section of Chapters/ Indigo, ect. Hope you enjoy it and find it as helpful as I did!

Replies

• bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    This book is gross. lol True but gross.
  • KKM89
    KKM89 Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes, the one chapter I mentioned is gross, very gross. But knowledge is better than ignorance.
  • Xanne
    Xanne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another TERRIFIC book I can recommend is "The End of Overeating", by David Kessler, MD, former commissioner of the FDA. It explains the science of human appetite, and delves into how we are exploited by the food industry and the advertising industry. Doesn't recommend any particular diet, but will really open your eyes about how brainwashed we are, and how we can fight that. I am an RN who has had a lot of nutrition classes (unlike many MDs!), and I learned a LOT! It is not technical, or difficult to read.
  • KKM89
    KKM89 Posts: 9
    Options
    Awesome, I will definitely have to check it out!