For Those Who Didn't Lose This Week

Options

Replies

• Bells89
    Bells89 Posts: 19
    Options
    My last recorded loss was May 3, at 171.6. Since then I've been up and down, haven't seen that number since then although I weighed in at 172 last Friday. Today the scale showed 174.6... Not so much fun. But I started a new workout routine 4 weeks ago (a week after that successful weigh-in). My new routine includes lifting weights 4 times a week and doing C25K. I sure hope that this weight gain or maintenance is from my muscles holding water cause I have been sore every day since I started lifting again.

My clothes fit the same so I'm not worried about it, hopefully I'm not gaining fat. But I would sure love to get under 170 soon! I wonder how long it will take and if I will ever get down there if I keep up my working out like this...
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    My official weigh in is tomorrow, but as of today no weight loss all week.. I am gutted :( I didn't break my eating plan and I exercised in one way or another every day except yesterday. . . I even started the 30 day shred.

Here's hoping its just a once off, and from next week I will continue to lose
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Did I get stuck, or did I just eat like **** the last 2 weeks?

I'm going with option B.

Amen, brother! I own up to it and I know that's why I've been stallin'. I've been fighting the same 2-3 pounds for the past month, losing then gaining and losing again. Pretty much maintaining.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've been busy for the last week and will be busy until after next weekend, I've allowed myself more wiggle room than usual. Aiming for good decisions this weekend. I record my weight the last Friday of the month, I weighed in today and was up....bummer.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My scale hates me..

I can see changes in my face, so, its ok, this plateau will have to give at some point
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was down but then I gained 3lbs overnight Wednesday. Since I'm pretty sure I wasn't awake Wednesday night having a midnight binge eating session -- I'm just trying to be patient waiting for that 3lbs of water weight to work it's way out of my body.
  • mfreeman0921
    mfreeman0921 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My weight keeps fluctuating. Very discouraging! Changing up my workout routine tho so I'm hoping that will make a difference.
  • stumegsmum
    stumegsmum Posts: 34
    Options
    I haven't lost since May 8th. Still hanging in there.

I'm right there with you - my last loss was May 9th! Up and down one pound or increments of that pound since then!

Me too - no loss since beginning of May, but luckily no gain either. It will come, I just have to be patient and keep going
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck since April 9th. :grumble: I lost the first 40 lbs back in 2009 and never had even one week where I didn't lose *something.* (I had to stop because I got knocked up - darn kid!) I'm not sure exactly what's going on this time, but man is it ever frustrating!
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone! I always hate seeing friends who just casually work out drop like 5 lbs a week while I'm counting the minutes until my crackers for lunch and losing buck-all.

I ate a lot of processed meat yesterday though, so I figured the sodium. But to counter it, I drank 4 glasses of water before bed. None of it came out this morning. lolwut.
    Combined with cycle, etc. I shouldn't give up. Guess maybe I should look forward to next week when both of those are gone and maybe I'll have a massive drop!
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Been at this for almost 3 months recording everything and working out more and more. Tried 1200 cals for the first month or so, then upped it to what I was supposed to actually be at (more like 1600cals) and upped my workouts to 4-5 days a week for an hour at least. I've only lost 4 lbs and it has fluctuated back up close to my previous weight of 174lbs. So i understand the frustration, but as a bright side, I do notice more definition in my arms and legs and my boyfriend keeps telling me my body is getting firmer!

Don't give up! Maybe tweak things, but don't give up! :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have been losing and gaining the same 1-2 lbs since March. I am very close to my goal (96 out of 100 lost) and I'm incresing calories by 100 every few weeks. I should just decide I'm maintaining. I will do so when I've added the last raft of calories to my daily goal.

I'm perfectly happy where I am. I'm at a healthy weight, I'm running 3 or 4 days a week (and being active the remainder) and I am starting my 1/2 marathon training in a few weeks.

At his point it's just a number, I've taken a foot off my waist, I've dropped from XXXL shirts to Medium shirts and I've PRd most of my races lately...
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Start taking your measurements. It doesn't always show on the scale. Everyone's body fluctuates.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost since May 8th. Still hanging in there.

I'm right there with you - my last loss was May 9th! Up and down one pound or increments of that pound since then!

This is me! I've been at the same weight during this time period too and it begins to get frustrating. I've been eating fairly well and doing the exercise so it's hard to see no change on the scale.
  • Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been losing and gaining the same 3-4 lbs for the last 2 months :cry:

Me too!
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Start taking your measurements. It doesn't always show on the scale. Everyone's body fluctuates.

It sounds bad but I'm fairly sure the reason I don't do this is because I don't want to confirm that I'm failing. If I find out it's not just the scale then I can't walk around all day telling myself it's just a bad day.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No weight loss for me in months. I still can't seem to get my calories! call me DENSE! I just get confused. I'm doing TDEE - 20%, giving me 1886 as my daily calorie intake. What I don't get is, when i workout it's 400-500 cals easy. So, does that mean i have to actually eat 2286 cals a day? 2286-400 = 1886? Someone tell me in plain English! I know how stupid i sound! i just want to do this right, because obviously I haven't been! I am seeing muscle, which is great! I am 5"11, 166lbs, and only want to lose like 8lbs or so. I recently lowered my cals to 1650, because I could never meet the 1886, and when I exercised, I was getting too large of a deficit. I know how stupid I sound! i was never any good at math! LOL!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Did that - no change on that either in the last month:grumble:
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No weight loss for me in months. I still can't seem to get my calories! call me DENSE! I just get confused. I'm doing TDEE - 20%, giving me 1886 as my daily calorie intake. What I don't get is, when i workout it's 400-500 cals easy. So, does that mean i have to actually eat 2286 cals a day? 2286-400 = 1886? Someone tell me in plain English! I know how stupid i sound! i just want to do this right, because obviously I haven't been! I am seeing muscle, which is great! I am 5"11, 166lbs, and only want to lose like 8lbs or so. I recently lowered my cals to 1650, because I could never meet the 1886, and when I exercised, I was getting too large of a deficit. I know how stupid I sound! i was never any good at math! LOL!

From what I've read - since you aren't losing and not eating back those exercise calories I think you need to eat more; at least eat some of them back and see how it goes. I haven't lost in a month though, so what do I know? :huh: :wink:
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Did that - no change on that either in the last month:grumble:

Same here. :sad: