Small Victories add up to a lot of happiness.

Options
BigDougie1211
BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
For my 30th birthday I went to Barcelona. About 3/4 of the way down the Ramblas, there's a cracking little Irish Bar called Molly's Fair City. On the night of my 30th, we ended up there all night, only leaving at around 4 or so. The staff were absolutely brilliant, really good laugh and " bought " me a few drinks for my birthday. They also gave me a souvenir T Shirt that should have cost around 15 Euro. It was an XL that was like lycra on me and we all had a bit of a giggle about it, but I kept it as a souvenir of a brilliant trip and a great night. That was almost 6 years ago. Intermittently I'd come across it while tidying things away or searching for something and try the T Shirt on, have a little smile to myself in memory of that night and sigh at how fat I was. However, 3 weeks ago, same thing happened, organising the spare room and came across the T. On Saturday my Girlfriend and I went for a bit of lunch and when I took my hoodie off, to her amazement, I was wearing the T Shirt. It fits me realy well - a little loose, just how I like my T Shirts. Now, it's not the most fashionable thing, but the sense of achievement I felt from being able to wear it out in public was massive.

I got up this morning as I do most, did a bit of training and went for a walk around the park to col down before going home for a shower. At 6am the park is, obviously, desserted. Walking past the kiddies play area, I've gotten into the habit of jumping up, grabbing the Monkey Bars and trying a chin up or 2. Not long ago, 1 with good form, didn't happen.
This morning, I repped out 10 in 1 set with pretty good form.
I'm not folowing any specific program for this, chin ups aren't a part of my regular program, they're more a signpost of progress than an end goal.
It's just a result of weight loss coupled with increased strength.

It's the little victories like this that make the effort worthwhile and keep me going.

Replies

• ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    So glad I read your post :happy:! That must have been an awesome feeling and I can totally see how you would feel like a million bucks in a T-shirt that may not even be that fashionable, but the sheer fact that you can now easily wear it would be awesome!

I own a dress that was waaayyy too tight on me but I Always thought I would lose weight and be able to wear it. Never happend. So it's been in the back of my closet for years. Being able to easily (!) wear it now is the best feeling ever.

Also, I think tonight I might wear shorts to crossfit instead of the long leggings... That would be a HUGE victory for me.

:drinker: Here's to small victories and the happiness they bring!!:drinker:
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    HUZZAH!
  • BigDougie1211
    Options

Also, I think tonight I might wear shorts to crossfit instead of the long leggings...

Pics or it didn't happen...
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing feeling that must be! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    Congrats!! Your story totally touched me. It is some of those small victories that make this journey possible. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work! What an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!