Glad I found you guys!!

Hi,

I decided I needed to track my calories because nothing else was helping. Boy, I didn't realize how many calories I ate in one day!! Holy cow! I think this is really going to help me to actually see what I'm eating (to put everything in without lying to myself) and what I need to stop eating.

Thanks!
Natalie

Replies

• momtozac
    momtozac Posts: 4 Member
    Hi,

I decided I needed to track my calories because nothing else was helping. Boy, I didn't realize how many calories I ate in one day!! Holy cow! I think this is really going to help me to actually see what I'm eating (to put everything in without lying to myself) and what I need to stop eating.

Thanks!
    Natalie
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    It's an eye opener, isn't it?? I hadn't seen the scale move in a year despite cardio 5x/wk for an hour. It wasn't until I started MFP that I realized how much I was eating and how many EMPTY calories! Don't blow it off and "not bother" putting in that bite here or that bite there. I think someone said the average bite is around 20-25 calories--that can add up to a lot over the day!

Welcome and I hope MFP helps you with your goals!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Same here Natalie. I thought I was doing so well eating reasonable, healthy and not too much plus exercise. Didn't loose any weight, so I decided something has to give. Since I count my calories I know that I still ate to much.

You'll love MFP
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome!!! You will love tracking here!!!