Big Losers...

Options
So once I reach my goal I will have lost a total of just over 100 lbs. I am nowhere near it but I can't help but wonder if I'm going to have a problem with a ton of loose skin, so just wanted opinions from people who have actually done it. I was watching TV and this girl lost about 80 and she had so much loose skin she had it surgically removed so just wondering. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sbird
    sbird Posts: 9
    Options
    When you make significant lifestyle changes and drop a lot of weight quickly, loose skin is going to happen. If you lose weight more gradually there is a better chance for skin's elasticity to work on it's own. I am close with 3 people who have lost a very significant amount of weight and if they have not already had the surgery, they are saving up to do so.
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    firstly your young this goes for you, weight loss is good but do it slowly try to get 70% of of your weight loss results from exercise to help tone your body
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well, i've lost 120 lbs, andmy husband 130 and I can say that in the begining....or end of my weight loss....although im not done....lol....We did have alot of lose skin in the tummy, arms, and thighs.....but after maybe 4 months of strength training we did manage to tone up quite a bit....my husband now has huge muscles in his bicepts which makes it easier on him cause he just filled the skin....no fare=) He does have a hard time with his tummy although he has made huge improvements he would probably be 2 sizes smaller if it wasent there??? I on the other hand firmed up my arms nicely and only have a lil bit of skin issues right around my belltbutton, and that is more likely from pregnancy stratching those muscles.....I also am frustrated with my thigh muscles no matter how much I work them and they have improved a bit, I cant get them tight enough........hope that was helpful=)