Debating on taking pictures gain, need insight please

Options
When I started trying to be healthy and lose weight I took a few pictures in clothing that showed what my body actually looked like... In that 40 something days Ive lost 23 lbs and about 11 inches (all over body measurements). I took a few pictures 2 weeks in and was so sad that there was no results to see. Ive been debating on taking some pictures again because it has been 6 weeks now but Im worried I will not be happy with my results and just give up and quit. Ive been working so hard and I dont want to be disappointed. My husband tells me he can see changes in me everywhere, but I think he would say tha just because he is my biggest supporter.

Replies

• thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your starting or goal weights are, but it's really hard to "see" a difference in yourself- don't let that discourage you! And while I'm sure your husband can see the difference, the big question is, how do you feel??? Do you feel better, are your clothes fitting better and getting looser? I have lost 75 pounds (61 since joining MFP) so far, and I feel like I can still hardly see a difference. I mean I do, but I'm much too critical of my body maybe to admit it.

In all honesty, I did actually start noticing a difference in my body after about 25-30 pounds, and that's about when other people started to notice that I'd been losing weight. I've had my highs and lows along this journey, but the biggest thing I've learned is not to focus overly much on the scale or tape measure- I go by how I feel. I weigh myself every few weeks and measure about every 6 weeks. But in the meantime, I definitely notice changes in how my clothes fit (or don't anymore!), and my energy, and what other people notice changing in me. I really love NSV's, much more satisfying than numbers in the end! :tongue:

So please stick with it, don't worry so much about the pictures! Keep taking them, and the more you lose, you will start to notice the subtle differences along the way, even if you can't "see" them now. Keep up your great work!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    You are your own worst critic. Sometimes, when I'm in the shower, I don't think I've lost any weight at all! I did a face picture comparison a couple days ago, and while I only saw a teeny difference, people on here said they definitely saw a difference, and even said I looked younger because of it. It's amazing how an objective eye can see the differences.

You just get so used to your own body that changes are as noticeable because it happens subtly, and you see yourself 24/7. They always say it takes more weight loss before people you see everyday notice it than people who only see you every couple weeks or months. You are the extreme example of that, and therefore it takes FOREVER before you feel you've had a difference.

Edited for typo.