I need C25K Success Stories w/ Pics - Need Motivation!!!

Options
annamc18
annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
Hi there!

I have said it a million times before, but I am REALLY needing to get back into working out. I started the C25K and did the first month all the way through, and IDK what happened but I fell off the bandwagon & I need to get back on.

Would all you awesome MFP'ers who had a success story with the C25K be so kind to share your stories & Pictures (I LOVE PICS! SO MOTIVATING!) I would love ya'll forever.

Thanks in advance!!!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics for you, but I just finished last week. I lost 30 pounds just by running the program. I ate like crap all the way through may and kept losing! I started not being able to run at all, and on my last day I ran 2.75 miles!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    bump
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    Look in my profile, and you'll see a before and after picture.

I started at 310. I couldn't run without HURTING myself. I bought a bike, and rode that down 35 pounds. At 275, I still couldn't run without hurting myself, so I starting stair climbing (shockingly, less painful than running!) I climbed stairs down 50 pounds.

Ultimately, when I had finished my Climb to the Top stair climbing race, I decided to try to run again, and I found out that I could without pain.

I've been running a 5k weekly since March. Every Wednesday. I do other types of workout besides cardio (I lift 3x a week).

I hope this helps!
  • jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started C25K for the second time in May 2012. Since then I haven't stopped running and recently ran my first 10k finishing in 56min! Now I am training for my first half marathon in Sept. THe C25K is such an amazing program!

Read my Success Story if you would like I have several pics of me as I lost the weight from 245 to 198 :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1010165-my-weight-loss-fitness-journey-thus-far-pics
  • annamc18
    Options
    thanks everyone!

Keep the motivation coming - I officially start tomorrow!

Also, I forgot I plan to start bringing my dog with me - anyone have any advice for beginner running with a dog (...who normally pulls like a freight train...I hope running will help her stop doing this - I'm hoping it's just pent up energy from being an inside dog lol)

Thanks!
  • jblackjr
    Options
    WOOHOO! I get to help you with this one as well :)

Here are my running buddies, I love showing off my dogs!
    8978245993_731fce3041.jpg

The puppy is bigger now, that picture is a few months old but the most recent I have uploaded at the moment.

Anyways, If you dog is a puller get a Halti collar. Period. I only use them when I run because I really don't want to face plant because my dog decided to take off after a squirel or something. You can pick them up at your local pet store. They look like this once you put them on.
    8979463932_ce863cf9db.jpg

The great thing about these are they don't choke, pinch or harm your dog to teach it to behave. It simply diverts there forward motion and throws them off balance so they learn that pulling doesn't do anything for them. Also its not a muzzel, so your dog has full range of motion with their mouth so they can do their doggy pant and drink water.

The last thing I recommend is a hands free leash system. You can find these all over the internet and in local pet stores but I myself like to support small bussinesses so I bought the iron doggy hands free leash system from here.
    http://www.irondoggy.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=runners_choice

Hope all that info helps. If you have anymore questions about C25K or running with your canine just let me know :)
  • annamc18
    Options
    thanks for the dog post!

I have bought her one of those "Gentle Leader" head collar things, and I cant really figure out how to put it on her the right way & she always is able to take her paw and swipe it off her nose. I'll have to look up the "Halti" becuase I've never heard of that one before.

It looks much simpler & easier to keep on her!
  • jblackjr
    Options
    Yea, between the two I like the Halti. It fits over the snout and then snaps behind the head, once its adjusted properly its very hard for them to get off. My dogs went nuts the first few times wearing them but now they don't really seem to care.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k this week using c25k!! I have lost lots of inches since I started running the bigger lengths of time.

weight_zps2a4608df.jpg

weightloss_zps3c5ff9d1.png

SIDE_zps8af769da.jpg
  • annamc18
    Options
    Ran my first 5k this week using c25k!! I have lost lots of inches since I started running the bigger lengths of time.

weight_zps2a4608df.jpg

weightloss_zps3c5ff9d1.png

SIDE_zps8af769da.jpg

wow! great job!
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great stories! I just started week 2 and this really give me motivation to continue. I think I might even get a dog so I have a running partner! i will definitely want one this fall/winter when the sun rises later. I go out at 5:30 am.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started week two today. So im hoping to get some good results. I also run with my doggy - we get on fine untill he decides to sniff something & stop dead! I use an extendable lead so have to call him when i notice him drop bk!xx
  • Ejean183
    Ejean183 Posts: 1
    Options
    I take my mini Aussie with me but tomorrow I'm leaving him home because I'm on week 5 day three and yesterday he seemed to not be able to stay with it during the 8 min run parts with his ADD. I love the C25K program and never thought I'd progress this far...I'm a little worried about tomorrow because I think week 5 will make or break you. I absolutely love being able to run with my pup though!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I finished it slowly over this last year. I had to stop because of school, then picked it back up this summer. The app I was using focused more on time rather than distance, so my last week I was still not running the whole distance. Now I'm timing myself and working up the distance of an actual 5k. I went from hardly being able to jog (super slowly) a block, to being able to slowly be able to jog 2.8 miles without breaks. I'm still not the fastest, but my mile time has decreased and my legs are much stronger, which was my original intention as I have vein damage in one leg, that used to make me limp. Now I have no more limping, and I can jog faster than I could prior to my vein damage. I consider that a huge success. :)

I've lost weight, but that was from just from doing a bit of everything over a long amount of time. It's a lot of fun, and it'll get easier. You'll feel so accomplished every week when you bump up to the next level. Keep with it!
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I started c25k on the 11th April, I've not finished it yet, I am repeating week 5 at the moment. C25k is my main work out, plus a bit of tennis and golf. So far I have lost 10.8lbs, 2.5cms from my hips and most suprisingly 3.5cms from my waist! I love the programme its not easy so have repeated a week when i find it too tough. I miss running on my rest days. :flowerforyou: Good luck x
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I've never run in my life...I followed C25K for about half the program when I left it behind because I didn't like the pace. I used it as a general guideline. Coming from a girl who couldn't even run for 2 mins before she started, I'd say I'm a success. I finished my first 5k only 2 months after starting C25K and I got a time of 31 mins! :) It's completely possible and you may hate it while you're doing it, but you'll love it when it's over! (Like Tabata in Cycling class...)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! I get to help you with this one as well :)

Here are my running buddies, I love showing off my dogs!
    8978245993_731fce3041.jpg

The puppy is bigger now, that picture is a few months old but the most recent I have uploaded at the moment.

Anyways, If you dog is a puller get a Halti collar. Period. I only use them when I run because I really don't want to face plant because my dog decided to take off after a squirel or something. You can pick them up at your local pet store. They look like this once you put them on.
    8979463932_ce863cf9db.jpg

The great thing about these are they don't choke, pinch or harm your dog to teach it to behave. It simply diverts there forward motion and throws them off balance so they learn that pulling doesn't do anything for them. Also its not a muzzel, so your dog has full range of motion with their mouth so they can do their doggy pant and drink water.

The last thing I recommend is a hands free leash system. You can find these all over the internet and in local pet stores but I myself like to support small bussinesses so I bought the iron doggy hands free leash system from here.
    http://www.irondoggy.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=runners_choice

Hope all that info helps. If you have anymore questions about C25K or running with your canine just let me know :)

Just have to say... LOVE your dogs!!! I too have a boxer!!!!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    tonight will be L6 D3 for me... LOVE the program!!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 6 Day 3. I took about a week-week and a half off, just because I got lazy. But every week I dread the longer runs and end up being surprised at how easily I am able to complete them. I could barely run for 30 seconds when I started. Now I can run for 10 minutes straight. If that isn't a success story, I don't know what is. :wink:

Feel free to add me for motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!