I'm going out to eat! D=

Options
So I found out that I'm going out to eat for my sister's graduation Sunday.
We're either going to Long horns, Apple bee's, 99, or Denny's.
Can I have some recommendations on what I should get from these restaurants?
I don't really like fish, but I do like clams&shrimp
I also would prefer to not get a salad...

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Blackened shrimp with some rice and a steam veggies.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Check out each restaurants respective website, look at the nutritional info, and have your decision made before going. Also, lots of ice water with dinner. Also, before you go you can have a small snack to help curb your appetite when you get there.

I've always found that a small sirloin steak, baked potato (plain) and veggie is a good bet. Usually between 500-700 calories depending upon the restaurant.
  • heathmarie143
    heathmarie143 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    check out the restaurant's websites and see what sounds good. i think a few if not all of them even have a "weight watchers" section on their menu. then, you can always find nutritional info on the meals somewhere online if they don't already post it on the restaurant site. i have an app on my phone that gives me calorie counts for chain places.

i normally stick with some sort of grilled chicken or shrimp and then get a side salad and mixed veggies. sometimes i splurge and get a baked potato or french fries, depending on the place we're eating.

good luck!! i'm sure you'll find something yummy AND healthy to eat!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I always get the french toast slam from Dennys! OMG delicious! lol But it's completely up to you! Whatever you want to eat. Dennys has a Fit Fare menu, and Applebees has a Weight Watchers menu, so if you don't feel comfortable eating a regular burger or something, and will eat more from that, you have the option. I've never been to 99... but the Lemon Rosemary Chicken looks really good and is on the Fit for You menu. ;-) The Chicken, Broccoli, Mac and Cheese looks really good too! :) Good luck!

Main thing is just to EAT! lol Without the guilt! :wink:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Applebees has a fabulous under 500 menu. I think I've had all the items on it and they're all good.
  • mindyrae22
    mindyrae22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said - check out websites. Applebees does a great job on their nutritional menu. I realized how few calories were in their steak meal (8oz I think?) and I go with that every time.

On a side note: It sounds like it is for a special occasion, so maybe go a little nuts..? I mean don't eat everything in sight, but it is a special outting! Eat what you want!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Steak and shrimp. Nom nom protein.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I go out to eat with my family every week and still lose weight, so don't panic :smile:

I know at Applebees they have a "lighter side" menu with dishes under 500 calories. My favorite is the chicken and mushrooms (comes with swiss cheese and mushroom topping, with two sides and yeah, UNDER 500 cals)

Check the menus online ahead of time and see what they have to offer! good luck!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's okay to enjoy yourself from time to time. Eat whatever you want. It won't undo everything.

QFT.

Think about celebrating the event, don't stress about the food.
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just eat whatever looks delicious. Go easy on your calories before/after the big meal and just enjoy your time with family :)
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It's okay to enjoy yourself from time to time. Eat whatever you want. It won't undo everything.

This. If you want to you even have a few days to plan for a treat meal. Make it work with your plan and your goals and go enjoy yourself.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I always get the smallest steak when I have to go to Schmapplebee's. With mashed and veggies. I eat all my veggies and half my steak and potatoes to save room to the tiny hot fudge sundae. Leftover cold steak and potatoes make a decent breakfast the next day.