What delicious, amazing, sinful treat did you turn down?

Options

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to the Tuscan Market in Salem and didn't let myself buy any of their massive pieces of carrot cake, ricotta cake and cheesecake...
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart...you should've eaten a piece, then you wouldn't still be obsessing about it;)

Eating everything everything I wanted just so I wouldn't obsess over it is how I gained 20lb.

Will power is how I've almost shed 20lb.

Guess I just haven't figured it out yet...sigh. Going to burn extra calories so I don't have to turn down my favorite treats...
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    If I actually want it, then I'm having it. Calories be damned. I turn down NOTHING.

This.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    As we speak, there are two square cupcakes with cream filling - perfectly sealed and prettily packaged with the E! Network logo - in a fridge 30 feet from my cubicle. This is really mild consider we were once offered cupcakes 3 times in one day on my first week of MFP. Oh the willpower.
    So, all cupcakes. Ever.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I turned down cake and ice cream at the office. Any time someone leaves, we get cake and ice cream. I really wanted it. But I knew the cake was going to be just lame grocery store cake and I'd be disappointed if I did eat it - and then I'd have to atone for those stupid, lame tasting calories. I can also have ice cream any time I want, so why have it at work?

I should totally bake a cake soon. Then I'd get to have some much better tasting cake that would be worth it :)

Isn't that the worst? Those cakes always LOOK so good. But then you're recording the calories and thinking "Those can't seriously count. They didn't even taste good!"
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If I actually want it, then I'm having it. Calories be damned. I turn down NOTHING.

^^^ I usually live by this, but that cheesecake would have been my daily calorie intake for like... 3 solid days. Hahaha.
    You wanted the whole cake? o.o
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I turned down cake and ice cream at the office. Any time someone leaves, we get cake and ice cream. I really wanted it. But I knew the cake was going to be just lame grocery store cake and I'd be disappointed if I did eat it - and then I'd have to atone for those stupid, lame tasting calories. I can also have ice cream any time I want, so why have it at work?

I should totally bake a cake soon. Then I'd get to have some much better tasting cake that would be worth it :)

Isn't that the worst? Those cakes always LOOK so good. But then you're recording the calories and thinking "Those can't seriously count. They didn't even taste good!"

Agreed. Those cakes are always so disappointing, it just makes it easier to say no to them.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Today is National Doughnut Day and every doughnut shop is giving away free doughnuts. Thank goodness DH said we don't need them, because that would be hard to resist...

You just HAD to go and tell us that, didn't you?

Thank you EVER so much for that.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Today is National Doughnut Day and every doughnut shop is giving away free doughnuts. Thank goodness DH said we don't need them, because that would be hard to resist...

You just HAD to go and tell us that, didn't you?

Thank you EVER so much for that.

I tried getting one at Dunkin Donuts this morning and they were all gone before 10am...
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Tacos. The real kind ...that's not code for vagina or anything. I really turned down tacos this morning. Lol
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. The dang fool sent me a picture in my email. He's evil I tell you!! lol
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tacos. The real kind ...that's not code for vagina or anything. I really turned down tacos this morning. Lol

Sounds like code to me
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Double whammy at work. There is now ice cream cake...

This girl might cave.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

Sounds like code to me

Totally like code. I could go for some good code right now. :cry:
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    All of them. I'm on the final six weeks of reaching a goal before vacation, and am motivated to hit the mark. Once I do, I'll reward myself with something--maybe Chinese food? Until then, the closest I'll come to empty calorie food is a child's scoop of vanilla ice cream tonight while out with friends who want to get ice cream. If I could figure out a polite way to turn that down, I would.
  • cbhutton
    cbhutton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tea cookie bar at Whole Foods. Today I walked right on by!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Donuts Today...since it's donut day.

I'm a teacher and it's our last week of school. Students have been bring in candies and cupcakes ALL week long.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Sounds like code to me
    :bigsmile:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    none I ate them all
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    Apparently it is National Donut Day. Fresh Melocream donuts in the breakroom at work. I passed! I amazed myself! Lol