Shakeology???

I am considering shakeology Feedback please? How does it taste, any recommendations on flavor, also info on how to make it drinkable, what results have you seen?

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    1. Save your money, eat your calories dont drink them
    2. Be prepared to be bombarded with emails now from beachbody coaches trying to sell the stuff to you
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    What do you believe that shakeology can do for you that a reasonable calorie deficit cannot?
  • junco1971
    junco1971 Posts: 26 Member
    I hear it's really expensive. I have been drinking Total Lean shakes from GNC. They are still pricey about $40.00 a tub but not as much as Shakeology. I like the vanilla bean flavor.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Don't bother.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    I make shakes several times/week. Can't imagine paying someone for that. Just put some crap in a blender if you want a shake. Tons of shake recipes in the recipes forum, if you need inspiration.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    info on how to make it drinkable

something that is premade, that you have to alter to make it drinkable.

I'm out.
  • annabgray
    annabgray Posts: 22
    Sorry but I have been drinking it for over 3 years along with eating clean. Haven't been sick in over 3 years as it is more than something for weight loss. My health is the most important thing for me and my family, My husbands cholesterol is down 90 points, my kids enjoy it. If you are a busy working mom like I am, the need for something fast and cheap. Yes it is cheap considering the alternative grab and go options it is well worth it.

Anna
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    I make my own shakes with fruits and veggies, real vanilla, real cocoa. My sister tried them and suggested that I not because of the cost. I want to say it $80.00. But you can choose. I add protein mix to mine to make me not be hungry so quick. Or you can use Greek yogurt with in your shakes. Freeze your fruits and veggies, or use ice in them.
    My friend put 1 oz spinach in baggies and freezes it and adds whateve kind of fruit she is hungry for. She sometime adds the alba mixes but I've not used those in a long time.
    Fresh, whole, raw food is way better.
    Good luck!
  • I bought some on eBay and I like it so far- it's the chocolate vegan. My problem was I never ate breakfast and don't have time to make something in the morning. So I blend it with a little yogurt and ice and I like it- I drink it on the way to work. It has lots of protein and keeps me full - it's clean, no chemicals in it or fake sugars.

It is expensive- but buy it sealed on eBay that way you don't have to sign up for something where it's delivered each month....

Whole Foods sells a big can of whey protein powder for like $11 so I might try that instead when I finish this Shakeology. But it's not bad
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Save your money
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    I have never tried shakeology, but I HAVE tried Visalus and Herbalife (in my honest opinion, they are all pretty much the same thing) and I always added almond milk and fruit or cereal to mine...

Lost a ton of weight on Herbalife, hated not chewing my meals, stopped, gained it all back (and no, I didnt binge, I just ate normally, but my deficit wasnt as large because the shakes were 200 cals or less and I had 2 per day)

I still use Visalus when I am pressed for time. (almond milk, shake and fruit)

I dont sell either and I dont really buy into the whole "vi-life" "weight loss miracle" blah blah blah, but if youre having a hard time calorie counting and need something easier to maintain, shakeology should help if its anything like the other things I've tried
    There is a huge community here of Shakeologists and I'm sure they have recipes in the recipe section

Good Luck!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Sorry but I have been drinking it for over 3 years along with eating clean. Haven't been sick in over 3 years as it is more than something for weight loss. My health is the most important thing for me and my family, My husbands cholesterol is down 90 points, my kids enjoy it. If you are a busy working mom like I am, the need for something fast and cheap. Yes it is cheap considering the alternative grab and go options it is well worth it.

Anna

Oh yes, absolutely unbiased opinion from someone who SELLS THE PRODUCT.
  • annabgray
    I will also say yes if you can find the 70 whole food ingredients it has and put it in a blender go for it!!! Little reminder of what is in it

whey protein (as isolate), cacao, pea protein, maca root (lepidium meyenii), yacon root (smallanthus sonchifolius), chia (salvia hispanica, seed), flax (linum usitatissimum, seed), quinoa (chenopodium quinoa, seed), coconut flower nectar, chlorella (chlorella sp., whole), spirulina (arthrospira platensis, arthrospira maxima, whole), acerola cherry (malpighia glabra, fruit), sacha inchi (plukenetia volubilis, seed), camu-camu (myrciaria dubia, bruit), pomegranate (punica granatum, fruit), astragalus root (astragalus membranaceus), bilberry (vaccinium sp., fruit), blueberry (vaccinium angustifolium, fruit), goji berry (lycium barbarum), spinach (spinacia oleracea, leaf), acai (euterpe oleracea, fruit), pea fiber (pisum spp., seed), MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), ashwaganda root (withania somnifera), cordyceps (cordycepssinensis, fungi), enzyme blend (protease, amylase, cellulase, llipase, papain, lactase, bromelain), maitake mushroom (grifola frondosa), reishi mushroom (ganoderma lucidum), amaranth (amaranthus hypochondriacus, seed), luo han guo (momoridca grosvenori swingle), himalayan salt, lactobacillus sporogenes (as bacillus coagulans), tulsi (holy basil) (ocimum sanctum, leaf), citrus bioflavonoids, green tea (camellia sinensis, leaf), grape seed (vitis vinifera), rose hips (rosa canina, fruit), schisandra (schisandra spp., fruit), cinnamon powder, apple pectin (malus pumila, fruit), barley grass (hordeum vulgare), ginkgo (ginkgo biloba, leaf), kamut grass (triticum turanicum), moringa (moringa oleifera, leaf), oaf grass (avena sativa), wheat grass (triticum aestivum). other ingredients: natural sweetner blend (non-gmo fructose, stevia), natural chocolate flavor, xanthan gum.
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Absolutely love it, totally think it is worth it considered all the ingredients in it. Doesn't compare to any protein shake or any other meal replacement out there. Been drinking it for over two years now nonstop and can absolutely tell when I stop. Best ever. Used to go to Sbux every morning for a drink/snack and spent more money doing that than my $4 shake. No need for multivitamins anymore and bad cholesterol is down, good cholesterol is up, digestion is great...can't say enough.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member

Anna

I have a friend that swears by these!! And atributes Shakology, clean eating and working out to her being able to conceive after being told many years ago that she would never. That being said, it's expensive...and there are less expensive ways to make a great shake with lots of veggies, fruits and added proteins.
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Beware of ANY product which is sold through "multi level marketing". The product is usually just incidental. Some sort of product is needed in order to avoid being an illegal pyramid scheme. RUN AWAY!!!
  • annabgray
    Just so you know I was a consumer and this product changed my life, doesnt have anything to do with me selling it... can argue facts, but can't argue results!
  • NanaMAT3
    NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
    Amber, I wouldn't waste your money. You can make your own shake-ology .... I make smoothies all the time, my fav being strawberry/banana -- you can add in protein powder, flax seeds, chia seeds, all sorts of fruits and veggies, yogurt, milk, water, ice .... get the idea ??? lol -- much more affordable to make your own, and that way you can make them taste the way you want them to. Personally I don't want to pay someone to make something for me, with a bunch of additives, when I can make my own the way I want, and that way I know what is in it. Good luck :heart:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Anna

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

Except Shakeology isn't grab and go, so you're not even comparing apples to apples, solid sales pitch though
  • annabgray
    for me it is grab and go, blend and I am out the door.. again, only sharing what my daily routine is... take it or leave it