Frozen Broccoli Florets

Options
bstamps12
bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
I have about 1 lb. of frozen broccoli florets...what should I do with them?! (I tend to like quick recipes with few ingredients) Thanks!

Replies

• Mamatoboys
    Mamatoboys Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can steam them for a side. Or cook them with few other veggies and chicken for a stir fry. Or make a veggie soup with them. Good luck. I use fresh broccoli, in stir fry so im sure you can use frozen.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sounds fabulous!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I have about 1 lb. of frozen broccoli florets...what should I do with them?! (I tend to like quick recipes with few ingredients) Thanks!
    Whip up some brown rice and toss some in with that with baked chicken on the side. Sometimes I cut the chicken into chunks and mix it in with it. Very colorful and simple simple!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    cook some chicken tenders in about 1/2 cups of terriyaki sauce, cook steamed rice and steam broccoli. when chicken is done take out the chicken cut it in pieces, add a can of pineapple chunks to it and some cilantro, put rice in a bowl put the chicken and broccoli on top and then pour some of the terriyaki sauce on top of it, voila chicken terriyaki bowls YUM and not very many calories or fat
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I microwave them until tender, put a little olive oil, hot pepper flake and a sprinkle or two of parsesan cheese and mix it up. really good and fast!.
  • AlekiaH
    AlekiaH Posts: 15
    Options
    I love steaming them or boiling them for 2-4 min. Drain sprinkle some pepper, sea salt, and dill weed on and just eat!!!! just had some last night!! MMMMGooooD!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I love steaming them or boiling them for 2-4 min. Drain sprinkle some pepper, sea salt, and dill weed on and just eat!!!! just had some last night!! MMMMGooooD!
    Dare I say I've never yet steamed fresh broccoli? I'm sure it's divine as even the color would be so much more vibrant and less nutrients cooked out of it than say frozen. Once I use up my freezer full of sale veggies (hey simply can't BEAT .49 a bag on Frieday the 13th Sale) I think I'll start trying out some steamed veggies:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    How do you all do your stir fry? How long do you cook the veggies etc. What sauce etc. do you use if any? :blushing: Feel like I should already know this but haven't done it for well, dang 20 some years when I got my first appt.:tongue:

Any tips/ideas would be most helpful my Friends:flowerforyou: