How often do you weigh in?

Options
NanaMAT3
NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
I'm one that steps on my scale every morning. I've read no, only once a week, the same day each week, at the same time wearing the same clothes, or no clothes. My weight fluctuates a couple pounds every couple of days. How do I break the habit of weighing myself every morning, when my mind has to be conscious of what I eat and making sure to exercise since I have a very sedentary job??? UGH :angry:

Replies

• EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. It's a bit of an obsession. I also log my weight elsewhere once a week so that I can compare.
  • dazzlesangel
    dazzlesangel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do step on the scales most days, but I only count it on my 'official' weigh in day, which is Friday.
  • healthywithhope
    Options
    Remove it from the bathroom completely for a week and see if it helps your mood! Stress of seeing the scale not move doesn't help!! Key indicators that you are losing weight or building muscle will be how you clothes fit as well as rings on your fingers. My battery went dead and I just refuse to buy a new one (that and i keep forgetting).

Try it out for a month and see if you notice anything different with how you feel and weight/inches lost.
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I log it once a week. I know a lot of people say we should only weigh ourselves once a week but it helps keep me on track if I do it everyday. I like seeing the progress I have made.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in and log it daily, but it takes a big of effort to not let the fluctuations get me down.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm one that steps on my scale every morning. I've read no, only once a week, the same day each week, at the same time wearing the same clothes, or no clothes. My weight fluctuates a couple pounds every couple of days. How do I break the habit of weighing myself every morning, when my mind has to be conscious of what I eat and making sure to exercise since I have a very sedentary job??? UGH :angry:

Why bother "breaking habit"? Just do what you do and do not worry about it

I weigh daily, for much the same reasons as you. It suits some of us, others it does not, bit like food / diet, do what suits you and not some idealistic goal
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you are happy weighing every day then why change? Do what feels right for you.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but count my Saturday morning weigh ins :)
  • SACasto
    SACasto Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale several times a week out of curiosity, but I only record what the scale says every Friday morning!
  • LindseyMariePJ
    Options
    I only weigh once a week on Friday... simply because I don't keep my scale in my bathroom and I'm too lazy to go grab it every morning lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing daily. When you're stepping on the scale 5-10 times a day, then it's a problem.
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tend to step on the scale every night just gives me a mental. but i only officially weigh in every friday morning with either the same clothes (my pj's) or before i get into the shower.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Chart my weight once a week, on the same day, but weigh 3-4 times per week, as a guide.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but ONLY Friday morning counts and gets logged (no matter what it says). If it doesn't bother you to see the fluctuations up and down then no problem with weighing daily - if it makes you nuts or stresses you out then weigh only once a week or less.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm so glad I'm not alone. Here I was feeling guilty for weighing everyday.

I just broke myself from the habit of weight 3-4 times a day 2 weeks ago. THAT helps me quite a bit.
  • Blessedprincess
    Options
    I step on the scale and log it every day. When it's down, I love it. Makes me happy, helps me to take note of what I did right the day before. When it goes up, it motivates me, challenges me, helps me to reevaluate what I did the day before. It usually makes sense as to why it went up or down.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I weigh like every time I go to the gym, I really need to stop. Trying to make a set day every week or every other week to weigh in but every time i leave the scale is right by the door and i cannot resist!!!!!
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i weigh in daily...twice daily actually. Once in the morning right when i get up and once right before bed. i do it twice for my excel sheet which really lets me know what's going right and where went wrong. my friday morning weighins are the ones i put into mfp.
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning I hop out of bed, use the restroom, and step onto the scale totally naked.
    :wink:
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day, sometimes twice a day, but I also had an EDNOS. :x