Weekend Dinner Outings

Options
So... the weekend is here and my loves adore going out to movies and dinner, or shopping and dinner... I am just wondering what are the healthiest dining out options available?

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Salad, salad, salad. My husband and I used to have a standing Saturday morning breakfast at IHOP. This was the first Sat. I ate at home and did not eat the IHOP sirloin tips breakfast. I love their breakfast but I knew I had no good option there. Try eating at home and just going to the movie. Its your best option. Good Luck I know weekends are hard.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    find a restaurant in your area that serves lighter fare. or somewhere that has a salad bar. then you can control the amount of things that goes in your salad and the fatty caloric things can be at a minimum and the good for you lighter things can be at a maximum. also then you can control the amount of salad dressing that goes on.

or if you dont like any of the places in town with a salad bar (i know that can happen) go somewhere that has lots of salad choices so you dont feel left out and then ask for the dressing on the side and only use about half or three quarters of what they give you.

good luck and i hope you have fun going out tonight! :drinker:
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    There are so many places out there that serve healthy food. My fave is Olive Garden and the Chicken dish...soooo good.
  • desp8housewife
    desp8housewife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you know ahead of time where you are going, I google the place and look under nutrional info.... and pick the one with the lowest calories...... it does help me TONS!!!! If you have an Applebees close, they have a menu of items 550 calories and under!!! IT is awesome!!! ANd for the movies.... I take a 100 calorie snack in my purse and just get water....it helps cause sometimes you just wanna munch..... Good luck!!!
  • kmjmom2
    kmjmom2 Posts: 5
    Options
    There is also a site, geared more towards weight watchers but lists tons of restaurants (fast food and regular) and she puts all the points, nurtional info, etc. It has pretty much any restaurant, along with alot of other "diet" links on her site.
    dwlz.com (dotties weight loss zone)