Ladies. Do you have and special period clothes?

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
I beseech thee fair ladies, hath thou any fine linens sewn upon thy bosom that would make thy gentleman caller swoon? Dost thou have garments from yore? Durst ye reveal thine petticoats and lace to make those that gaze upon thee wax with desire to grow near and converse?
tumblr_mc8a7ya6dw1rcdjoxo1_500.jpg

Some examples are as follows.

tumblr_mmse3zPJ4Q1rp8f1po2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mmse3zPJ4Q1rp8f1po3_r1_250.gif

Replies

• DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is hilarious. I read the topic and was thinking clothes specifically for "that time of the month". My answer was "yoga pants, baby". So..... not exactly what this topic is about, huh?

I am dying laughing. Sorry! I'm no help in this department. :laugh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    LMAO As poster above said I thought it was about wearing clothes specifically for TOM.

I have a few corsets :D
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I own this jacket

3329bev.jpg
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I used to be a member of the SCA, so yes, but I doubt anything fits anymore!

I also had loads of custom made corsets.

but yes, the title made me think the same as all the previous posters (intentionally, I think!)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    couple hundred years off, but does this count?

16888047_942.jpg
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    I own this jacket

3329bev.jpg
    With the top hat that would be smashing!
    couple hundred years off, but does this count?

16888047_942.jpg
    That's quite good enough. You have the fair maiden look down for sure.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Why, yes, I do.

4809_1093819098095_5800971_n.jpg

(And I sewed it myself. The skirt was made from drapes. I felt so Scarlett O'Hara!)
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    Why, yes, I do.

Beautiful! This is just amazingly done. The mask is an extra special touch.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is hilarious. I read the topic and was thinking clothes specifically for "that time of the month". My answer was "yoga pants, baby". So..... not exactly what this topic is about, huh?

I thought the exact same thing!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Don't worry. I thought so too. I was going to come in here and say that I had a nice victorian number all done up in lace and ruffles.

*kicks rock*
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Me too! I was gonna say that just about every woman I know has "period underwear."
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Why, yes, I do.

4809_1093819098095_5800971_n.jpg

(And I sewed it myself. The skirt was made from drapes. I felt so Scarlett O'Hara!)

Amazing! Ladies of today, take note. This woman is hardly showing any skin and looks like one hot momma :wink:
  • lillith1991
    Options
    Not currently. I want to do a new 18th or early 19th century look this halloween so I'm looking at ideas.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have a few corset but that is it.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Me too! I was gonna say that just about every woman I know has "period underwear."

Lol, I do! No way I'm risking my cute ones!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Duh! Why would you? lol
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Duh! Why would you? lol

I don't have as many cute ones as I used to because I lost so much weight.... :sad:
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options

What?! Ew!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to think of a good excuse for why I even clicked on this thread...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to think of a good excuse for why I even clicked on this thread...
    You like 'joke explainers'. Because this thread is full of them.