Hello from South Africa

Options
Hello

I'm 25 years old and live in Pretoria. I would like to lose 14 kg by the end of the year through healthy eating and exercise. I will first start by removing junk food from diet and take it from there. I will be exercising using home DVDs(Zumba and 30 day shred) 6 days a week. I've lost my first 1 kg(2 pounds) in the past week by doing zumba for 5 days. Changing my diet is going to be very difficult because I 'm addicted to soda, baked goods and potatoes. I hope to get and give some encouragement and support from the site.

Replies

• AlekiaH
    AlekiaH Posts: 15
    Options
    Aloha from Hawaii, I was addicted to soda and 11 years ago I had a kidney stone and I quit caffeine, that was huge but about 4 years ago I finally quit even non-caffienated sodas. It was hard but I just had to now I drink way more water then I ever have in my life. Once you quit it's hard because of the caffeine head aches, then the lack of sugar, but I encourage you to eat a little dark chocolate during this time if you so choose to quit soda, good luck and stay strong it will pass after 3 weeks the hurt and cravings. I still get cravings but I try not to give in pretty good most of the year. I can honestly say I don;t drink soda.
  • donnajcruz
    Options
    Hello from Saipan, in the Western Pacific. Welcome to the site. It helps a lot to keep track of what you consume and it helps to hear suggestions of others.
  • nosipho
    nosipho Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement and tips:happy: . My kidneys have also been complaining. I will try your chocolate tip and drink more water. The problem with being addicted to soda is that you forget water exists. I'm willing to give up for the sake of my health.
  • clairebear82
    Options
    Hello from England, I'm adding you as a friend :happy: