I scared that this will all be a waste...

Options
I'm afraid that I am going to count calories, and not lose weight...does anyone understand what I mean? I feel like I am going to put all this hard work and exercise in and nothing will happen. Then ill be stuck being unhappy with myself forever...

I work out 5-6 times a week. I am currently doing jillian micheals 30 day shred, Denise Austin's get fit fast, an I run a mile. In all I burn 300 calories per hrm...
MFP put me at 1350 calories a day.

I'm jut so nervous..

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that I am going to count calories, and not lose weight...does anyone understand what I mean? I feel like I am going to put all this hard work and exercise in and nothing will happen. Then ill be stuck being unhappy with myself forever...

I work out 5-6 times a week. I am currently doing jillian micheals 30 day shred, Denise Austin's get fit fast, an I run a mile. In all I burn 300 calories per hrm...

I'm jut so nervous..
    FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. The program works. People just have to put it to work along with themselves. If there's failure, it's not because of hard work, it's because of lack of it and commitment.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear. But just remember that exercising and eating right will NEVER put you in a worse place than you are now, even if you dont see the scale change..

Just be sure to respect your body. It seems like you are doing a lot right at once. Take it from someone who was in your shoes (me), you WILL burn out! You will be dedicated to this intense lifestyle for a couple weeks, then burn out, throw your hands up in the air, and say "screw it". It's happened to me multiple times. And Im back on MFP once more to give it another shot - trial and error.

Just eat clean, stay active, and dont stress about numbers. You will feel so great, that all of your worry will begin to dissapate.FEel free to add me, let's help each other! :)

Good Luck!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just read the posts under "Success Stories" and you will see a lot of people who have succeeded! You look like you don't have a lot to lose, so it may be slow. Just keep tracking your food and doing the exercise. You will get there. Make a commitment that you will stick with it for at least a month and you will be surprised at what happens. Good Luck!
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    I don't know I guess it's because I know how I want to look and I'm afraid I will never achieve it
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Either you do all this and it works.. or it doesn't... what have you got to lose? Just pounds and inches!
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would say don't stress the "look", no one is perfect. Go on how you FEEL :)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Your profile pic says it all.....now just do it. :)
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    Okay well lbs and inchs are pretty important to me :) haha. I just want to fit in my size 2's again
  • True_Believer92
    Options

True :)...
  • shanebovee
    shanebovee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps me is not treating what I am doing on this site as a diet but a change in my life. Since it's for life, you will have ups and downs but as long as you get up the next day, you have another opportunity to make that day a great one and just keep living life! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

I'm jut so nervous..
    FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. The program works. People just have to put it to work along with themselves. If there's failure, it's not because of hard work, it's because of lack of it and commitment.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer

IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

100% :drinker:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options

True :)...

truuuuuuust........lol.

I lost 80 pounds doing just what you said you want to do....exerscise and eat well. It just takes time. Make adjustments along the way, lean on your MFP pals, and just keep at it. It works.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    It works if you put the work into it. It isn't going to just happen because you're on the site. Count your calories accurately, eat enough, exercise, rest. All the people in the success stories section put some hard work into looking HAWT! And if you put in the same hard work, you will see results too.
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean you burn 300 calories in all? In a whole day? Seems low considering the exercises you mention??
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    I mean from exercising
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear. But just remember that exercising and eating right will NEVER put you in a worse place than you are now, even if you dont see the scale change..

This^^^^ I understand that you are fearful of it not working, but don't let the fear stymie you! Eating right and exercising is NEVER a bad thing! What's the worst that can happen? You'll not lose weight but will feel GREAT! THAT, in my opinion, is the worst thing that can happen, how horrible :wink:
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just look through the success stories. And also, logically, counting calories is the most foolproof way to lose weight since weight loss is calories in - calories out!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't know I guess it's because I know how I want to look and I'm afraid I will never achieve it

That fear right there is what is going to KEEP you from achieving it. You can sit there all you want and imagine what you would like to look like, but like jenillia1 said, "If there's failure, it's not because of hard work, it's because of lack of it and commitment." So, unless you put it into action, all it's ever going to be is a dream. The people on here, like the ones you see in the success stories, are successful because they put time and effort and hard work into it.

There's no quick fix to getting fit and losing weight. You have to want it bad enough. You want it bad enough, you work hard enough, you put in the effort and remain patient with yourself, and don't give up, and you WILL see results.. That's a fact.

And like previously mentioned.. It's in your profile pic. Trust the process. Don't be afraid. Just try it and see what happens. Regardless of whether or not you lose weight, you will feel better about yourself. But I'm telling you, it will happen if you apply all the advice given to you.
  • mrsjay4life
    mrsjay4life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You need to let go of your fear and be more positive about what you are doing. I wished
    I had find out about MFP earlier I might have saved myself a lot
    Of wasted dollars on Fab Diets which works short term and as you get broke's all the weight
    Comes back. Today I consider myself not on a diet but doing a life style Change
    Of how I eat while incorporating exercise daily. Today after 150+ days
    Of logging every thing that I have put in my mouth along with my hour a day exercise on MFP
    I am proud to say am down 50+ lbs. I couldn't have doing it without my lovely friends on MFP
    And you can do it as well. So my advice to you is give it a fair try and note what you put in
    Will definitely determine your results. Weight loss is about hard work and determination. There
    Is no magic pill!
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    you are all so amazing thank you so much! <3