Leslie Sansone walking DVD's--->any success?

Options

Replies

• ccjohnso
    ccjohnso Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For me, I have to work out either really early in the mornings or really late in the evenings. I am at work most of the day and then when I get home, I have to tend to my family. Some days I take my son outside and I will walk with him, but there are days when it's too dark or raining, etc. I felt the same way, why would I buy a walking DVD? I saw a lot of my pals using it so I decided to try one, for 9 bucks it was a win-win.

I will be walking outside more for the next two weeks, but I like having the option to use this DVD indoors as well:)
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    ALISHAWILLIAMSON Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the LS walking DVDs but ... um in all honestly why do you need a DVD? Why don't you just go outside and walk down the street to a park and walk there? or find a trail to walk. Is there something special about the DVD?

not trying to be a **** but I just don't see why you NEED a DVD for walking.

Not only is Leslie walking and motivating you to as well by sharing tips and advice, she incorporates strength training in some with bands or weights, she does things like knee lifts, kicks and grapevines. I really enjoyed walking and beginning to jog in the privacy of my own home. I'm not too self-conscious, but I was insecure about all of my wiggles and jiggles when I started.
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    Options
    I absolutely love Leslie DVDs. I began working out with these over three years ago and have lost 60 pounds. My first 20 were exclusively her DVDs. I went from walking to jogging. Now I'm doing high impact workouts, but still prefer DVDs. I have a young child and don't want to leave my home so DVD are my preferred method. My favorite DVD is her walk weight loss boot camp. She incorporates strength training and it feels great to pick up the pace and be able to do it with a trainer you enjoy...even if it is only a DVD.

I'm sorry to hear of your injury. But keep it up, the walking DOES work! And isn't it fun!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/LeslieSansone

Here are some inspirational stories as well
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    They are fabulous! Some are better for beginners while others are better for more advanced exercisers. There really is something for everyone in her fitness collection. Although I do a variety of work out now 6-7 days a week, her workouts were my mainstay for many months and what helped me become addicted to working out (and helped me gain energy and lose 50+ lbs). I now give them to friends as gifts :-)
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The workouts are decent for something low-impact, but I find Leslie Sansone to be incredibly annoying. I do the workouts every once in a while (I used to do them more often a couple years ago), but now I just kind of tune her out or turn down the volume.
  • VtheVixen
    VtheVixen Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! SHE TALKS A LOT:grumble: BUT I CAN BLOCK THAT OUT BY STAYING FOCUSED ON WHAT I'M :glasses: DOING! WHILE SHE TALKING SHE STILL EXERCISE AND KEEPS YOU GOING,. I DO THE 5 MILE ADVANCE WALK WITH WEIGHTS 7 DAYS A WEEK NOW AND MY FAMILY NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE WHEN I WALKED IN THE HOUSE FOR OUR MORNING COFFEE :drinker: AND TALK BEFORE I GO TO MY OFFICE. SO I CAN HONESTLY SAY YOU BURN 550 TO 833 CALORIES DEPENDING ON YOUR EFFORT AND SPEED YOU GO, OR IF YOU STAY WHERE SHE IS ON THE VIDEO! (YES I'M TYPING IN CAPS) BECAUSE I'M SUPER EXCITED:bigsmile: ABOUT HOW EASY I PULLED MY JEANS UP THIS MORNING, THIS LADY LESLIE SANSONE IS SO AWESOME:heart: AND YOU ARE TOO, ADD THIS TO YOUR WORKOUT!! I STARTED AT 256.2 and now I'm 238.5! I HAVE 39.5 LBS TO LOSE TIL I REACH MY GOAL TO GET UNDER 200 LBS, EVEN IF ITS ONLY 199 I JUST WANT TO BE IN THE 100'S!
  • Cravitzina
    Cravitzina Posts: 10
    Options
    I incorporate WATP in my weekly workouts as well. Although she doesn't emit that "hard core" vibe, her workouts do get you sweating, especially if you tighten your abs and keep good form during the knee lifts, kicks, and squats.

The cueing is so easy to follow, and it matters not at all if you don't follow the steps exactly, so I do them with the volume muted and while listening to music.

Take good care of your back. Best wishes for a healthy recovery.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the LS walking DVDs but ... um in all honestly why do you need a DVD? Why don't you just go outside and walk down the street to a park and walk there? or find a trail to walk. Is there something special about the DVD?

You don't *need* one, but I find that without following along on the DVD I do not keep up the pace by myself. I walk outside I stroll along and look at the houses and the flowers and the birds and the trees and the pets, etc etc. I will not get the same kind of workout on my own that I do with the DVD keeping me on task. ALSO, when it is too hot or too cold outside it won't derail my workout because I'm in my temperature controlled house.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Why do you need a treadmill for running?

Why do you need a stationary bike for biking?

Why do you need a weight set for strength training? Surely you can go outside and find some big rocks to lug around?

:laugh:

I like Leslie Sansone DVDs because using them I have NO EXCUSES. All I have to do is turn it on. Any time of day or night. Indoors so weather is a non-issue. I don't even have to put on shoes! Or clothes for that matter. There are times I literally roll out of bed and start up my Leslie DVD. Plus, she is inspirational and fun, she feels like my own personal walking buddy. She seems like a very kind and uplifting person and I always feel good after my Leslie walks. Her positivity is amazing!
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Why do you need a treadmill for running?

Why do you need a stationary bike for biking?

Why do you need a weight set for strength training? Surely you can go outside and find some big rocks to lug around?

:laugh:

I like Leslie Sansone DVDs because using them I have NO EXCUSES. All I have to do is turn it on. Any time of day or night. Indoors so weather is a non-issue. I don't even have to put on shoes! Or clothes for that matter. There are times I literally roll out of bed and start up my Leslie DVD. Plus, she is inspirational and fun, she feels like my own personal walking buddy. She seems like a very kind and uplifting person and I always feel good after my Leslie walks. Her positivity is amazing!

BUMP
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love her dvds and would recommend them to everyone. I used the her dvds when I first started on my weight loss journey and my back and knees were killing me. Walking on pavement and sidewalks aggravates my knees and back. I worked up enough endurance and strength that now, I walk outside on a trail because I like to walk briskly with a full range of motion and get some sunshine and fresh air. I do still use the LS dvd when I need a quick stress less calorie burn. Your journey is inspiring to me and I have liked your Facebook page. You are doing a great job!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie Sansone dvds, she is what got me off the couch, I saw on cable tv the exercise channel which isn't there any more for me but they had her 1 mile walk, so I said okay lets try it, I did it and felt good, so kept doing that, then did the 2mile and 3 mile as I could get there, and I wouldn't of ever began if it wasn't for her dvds, they are fun! I find her motivational even if loud at times lol.
    I have tons of her dvds, and even my daughter loves doing them, shes like Mom these are fun and they are so use them, I burn about 400 calories in her 5 mille walk dvds, using a HRM. They are wonderful for every level of fitness!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The workouts are decent for something low-impact, but I find Leslie Sansone to be incredibly annoying. I do the workouts every once in a while (I used to do them more often a couple years ago), but now I just kind of tune her out or turn down the volume.

You don't have to turn down the volume .... there are several DVDs with a MUSIC ONLY option (list below).

3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk (solo)… some different moves ...(3 miles)
    5K With a Twist (solo)… Lots of “boosts”
    Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms (solo)… Uses weights (1,2, or 3 miles)
    Walk This Way (solo)… Fairly beginner
    Walk Slim Fast Start & 3 Fast Miles (group) 2 DVDs/ 2 mile (w/boosts) & 3 Miles (a little disorganized..but fast)
    Power Walk With Friends (group)… 2 miles with weights

I dearly love Leslie .... but having a music only option is just one more thing to increase the variety..... love it!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Leslie's walking DVD's. My life is very hectic as I care for my Nana who has dementia. My mom who is having issues with her eyes now, and a set of twin boys who will be attending Kindergarten in August full time (Thank You Jesus). In fact 95% of my workouts are done at home, which I love because I don't have to get dressed and I love working out in my bare feet or with socks on. Leslie's DVD's incorporates all the muscles in your body so you're not just walking in place it's actually interval training.

I'm glad you posted this thread because it gives me inspiration to focus more on my walking even when I don't always have the desire to do so.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    She has a new one coming out in August...don't know if it will be repetitive of others, but she seems to be going the way of 30 days like other DVD's.
    http://www.collagevideo.com/soon
  • Kamile69
    Kamile69 Posts: 87
    Options
    I absolutely love her 5 mile DVD! I have more energy and definitely more definition in my waist area. Not to mention I am now able to do the high intensity portion of the DVD and I couldn't before. So, I'm a fan! :heart:
  • sharnettedevon
    sharnettedevon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs. doing Leslie Sansone walking videos. The difference with her videos is it' snot just walking. It's arm movement and you actually burn more calories because you lift your knees! You actually work your lower abs and you do side steps. Motions that are not used when do an average walk. The way she has you walk uses thigh and butt muscles. Another major difference is you do it inside in the comfort and privacy of your home. You can do them rain or shine. I could go on but then someone would probably think that I was an advertiser planted to push dvds....lol. But really you should try them you won't be disappointed.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love her DVD's, I use to do them all the time and the weight was coming off, then I would stop. That was my own stupidity I would be so thin now if I kept it up.....I have the Walk Away The Pounds for Abs and yes after about 3 weeks I could see the Abs going down.....she is worth the effort....I love the strength training she works in with the walking....

Glad I read this post now I am pulling them back out and mixing it in with my other exercise.....
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 40 pounds doing strictly walking. I have not heard of these DVD's though.