I HATE WEEKENDS!!!

Options
I am off my regular routine and it is so very hard to stay on track!!! I thrive on being in a routine, staying busy and having set times I eat! How do you all do it? How do you stay on track during the weekend

Replies

• LadyNay191
    Options
    I love the weekends because I have more time for longer workouts and time to get active outdoors with my fiance, and even to prepare better meals. It's definitely a change from the routine but an opportunity to do more and do it better!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer too please!!!

I struggle at weekends too and right now I am really struggling because I work in a primary school so I have the summer holidays off. I really like my weekday routine of knowing what I can eat and when.......
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't always stay on track on weekends! ha ha, but what I HAVE found is that I am more successful when I plan my meals and make myself get out of the house rather than sitting around and looking in my refrigerator and/or pantry throughout the day! It certainly isn't easy, so don't beat yourself up too much. Try to get in more walks/ workouts, or whatever it is that you usually do to burn calories. And since you indicated you like routine, make out a routine for your weekends to include workouts at a regularly schedule time.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I used to. Not anymore! :happy: Take the Skinny Saturday Challenge, posted under Motivation and Support. A new thread is posted each Friday night. It will help you sail through the weekend! Friend me if you like so you won't miss it. Check it out! (There is also a Skinny Wed Challenge posted each week to help you get "over the hump" and beat the midweek blahhhhhhhhhhs! :laugh: )

I wish you well!:flowerforyou:
    Fab
  • gbombolino
    gbombolino Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    you have to force yourself, and it's not easy, but it is doable, you can do it! :smile:
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    Is it because weekends are not occupied by work? Is that why it is a struggle?
    I am a SAHM, so the weekends are no different for me.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Any disruption to routine, really. I'm normally good on weekends, even though I work weekdays, because I have my own routine. This weekend we have a guest, which means going out to dinner and filling time differently. It isn't easy.

Mirii
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It is tough....my husband and kids always want to get take out on the weekend. Also next weekend we will have 2 guests here from Friday night through Monday morning....I am worried about how I will stay on track :ohwell:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    This isn't the first time I've heard this, but i must be strange, because I find the opposite.

I find it easier to lose weight during the weekend (usually my weeks are a little more maintain/gain times and then the weekend makes up for it). I work in an office from 6am until 4pm and so breakfast is on the run, lunch is at sporadic times and then dinner usually isn't until 7-8pm - it's an hour commute and we take an hour to wind down from the day. Maybe taking the dogs for a walk or my weekly girls night out aquafit is my general work out routine because then I'm in bed at 9-10 and back up for 4:30. So it's not enough sleep, not the most thought out meals, less exercise, more stress. I don't eat out during the week anymore though. Everything is made from scratch

For me, the weekends are about getting up at 8am. Making a balanced breakfast. Taking my dogs for a walk around midmorning. Coming home and making a fresh salad with some left overs for lunch. Working in the garden in the afternoon if I'm home or going to my parents or a friends for a BBQ. Something yummy cooking in the oven all afternoon and then sitting down to eat supper with family and friends (most weekends). The evening usually consists of a campfire in the summer or boardgames in the winter.

I think it's because of the relaxed attitude on the weekends. I have a routine on the weekends, it's just not the same as the one during the week.