Eating brekky makes me hungry all day!

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yessir!

P.S. If you are hungry that means your body is processing food and your metabolism is working. FEED IT!

So you're saying if I wake up and I'm not hungry I should force feed myself because my metabolism somehow miraculously shut itself off while I was sleeping? :huh:
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    intermittent fasting...i like it

morning is my least hungry time of day
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    I used to have the same problem. Just cut down on your portion sizes and the weight will come off. :wink:
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    Your husband needs a kick up the *kitten*!

Absolutely. Joke or no joke, it's mean!
  • lollipop4401
    Options
    If you don't already, try drinking plain water before or after breakfast. Sometimes when you're thirsty, it feels like hunger.
  • bikeboyhaha
    bikeboyhaha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what you do ... as long as you stay within your calorie limits. Do whatever you got to do.
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this! I feel the same way! If I eat in the morning, it's like opening a flood gate. You just can't stop it! :)
    I think I'm fine with "fasting" till lunch
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yessir!

P.S. If you are hungry that means your body is processing food and your metabolism is working. FEED IT!

You really should get some information that wasn't posted on bodybuilding.com and you really should read the OP before responding. The OP doesn't need to eat breakfast. There are plenty of us that don't. I do my runs fasted and often lift fasted.

Read the articles posted above. There is a science to all of this.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm so angry at your husband!! You're 4 months postpartum and he's calling you FAT?! :mad:

It took me until 5 months postpartum to finally get life in balance enough to lose the baby weight, and I've lost it all and then some in the last 7 months. But never ONCE did my husband call me fat. I'm sorry you've had to hear that. Also, I weighed 164 lbs and I'm 5'0" (that's obese, for the record), and he only ever called me beautiful... not that he hasn't cheered on my weight loss and loved the results :smile:.

It doesn't matter when you eat your food, just make sure your calories are reasonable and you get enough protein (I only mention that last bit because it's the hardest macro nutrient for me to get an adequate amount of).
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    No, not at all. I guess I should have made the exercise part the forefront. I can't speak for everyone because I don't know your exercise habits, but I know what works for me. Consequently, it should work for people like me. If you are working out hard 3+ days a week and lead a rather active lifestyle day to day other than that then I think my advice is sound. For someone that struggles with exercise and is trying to drop every last calorie possible, sure, skip breakfast.

If you are trying to fuel a fitness machine, however, I wouldn't skip it!!!

BeachGingerOn, I don't doubt you at all. You are a great example. I am willing to bet you are under your calorie goal and hitting your macros pretty well either way. The timing of the meals is not a make it or break it thing by any means, but I still stand by what i said. :)
  • BeachIron
    Options
    ^^^ Yessir!

So you're saying if I wake up and I'm not hungry I should force feed myself because my metabolism somehow miraculously shut itself off while I was sleeping? :huh:

No. Someone can't read sarcasm. Your body isn't an engine that needs revving or a furnace that needs to be stoked. If people ate every time they were hungry, well, it's obvious. Look around.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal in the morning. out of my 1200 calories + exercise I get per day, my breakfast is usually about 600. I also eat about 30-40 grams of protein at that meal and this is where I get the bulk of my carbs for the day. I stay full until about 2 pm. My meals get progressively smaller from there. Lunch is about 300- 400 calories and dinner is about 200 calories. I still try to pack as much low fat protein as I can into each meal. It's the only thing that keeps me from eating all day.

As for why you need to eat breakfast....because you have been asleep for 8 hours and therefore (hopefully) not eating. If your not hungry, don't eat, but I wake up starving.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    maybe if you eat lunch in the morning you wont be as hungry anymore?
  • gfroniewski
    Options
    ^^^ Yessir!

You really should get some information that wasn't posted on bodybuilding.com and you really should read the OP before responding. The OP doesn't need to eat breakfast. There are plenty of us that don't. I do my runs fasted and often lift fasted.

Read the articles posted above. There is a science to all of this.

I read the first 4. I am well aware of the science for the most part. It is pretty inconclusive in a lot of areas, to be fair. I addressed different people in my most recent post. No need to jump down my throat. As for bodybuilding.com, yeah I have been there, but I don't know why you are thinking I have never seen anything else. You fundamentally agree with me, so what gives?

EDIT: Oops, I guess you don't agree with me. Can you still read the other post and cut me some slack?
  • BeachIron
    Options
    No, not at all. I guess I should have made the exercise part the forefront. I can't speak for everyone because I don't know your exercise habits, but I know what works for me. Consequently, it should work for people like me. If you are working out hard 3+ days a week and lead a rather active lifestyle day to day other than that then I think my advice is sound. For someone that struggles with exercise and is trying to drop every last calorie possible, sure, skip breakfast.

BeachGingerOn, I don't doubt you at all. You are a great example. I am willing to bet you are under your calorie goal and hitting your macros pretty well either way. The timing of the meals is not a make it or break it thing by any means, but I still stand by what i said. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gfroniewski
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah... I am bowing out of this one. Maybe you can correct the error in my ways or offer something substantive instead of being a ****.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yessir!

No, but if you aren't hungry when you wake up (or within an hour of getting up), I would take a look at what you are eating at night. You don't need a big intake of calories before bed, so after a full nights rest your body should be ready for food again.
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    Your husband needs a kick up the *kitten*!

What he said. LOL!
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Drop a few 100 pounds by getting a divorce. It does amazing things for your self esteem. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yessir!

No. Someone can't read sarcasm. Your body isn't an engine that needs revving or a furnace that needs to be stoked. If people ate every time they were hungry, well, it's obvious. Look around.

I was agreeing with you :wink: See my other post in this thread.