Preparing Meals for the week

Options
2»

Replies

• Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always do this. For my breakfast,lunch, dinner and post workout meal.
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I tend to do one slow cooker meal, a curry and a stir fry over the weekend and freeze in single serves, or soups, or curries I find freeze really well, if your really anal (like me) I actually use my diary to document whats on for each day that I I can pull the frozen containers out the night before and they are ready to heat and go by the next day.
    I also have kids so I freeze in double serve batches then do vegies and sides as I go.
    Now that the weather is cooler I also portion out oats, quinoa or whatever the night before that way I can add boiling water and its good to go for breakfast. you could also weigh up cereal the same way in the warmer months.
    Good luck!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't do that exactly. But I do try to always have a few servings of chili and soup in the freezer to use when I'm just beat coming in the door. Supplement them with veggies (adding some fresh veggies to the soup can really perk it up and add variety so it's not the same soup every time you eat it).

I find chicken and ground beef freeze well. Soups and moist things, too. But larger cuts of meat or meals that are drier don't heat up as nicely.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i do it for convenience too!

In the car in the morning during the week, I eat boiled eggs that I make sunday night. With my boiled eggs I either have ham, bacon, or fruit. I set my coffeemaker the night before. Lunch at work is either leftovers or food I made and froze into individual portions in the freezer like soup, all diff kinds of beans, rice, chicken, etc
  • Lachesis
    Lachesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ANY ideas where I can freeze would be awesome. I am a SAHM, but I have chronic pain, so by 3pm, sometimes I can not move (severe arthritis from my neck down, worse in my knees and hips due to birth defects).

Thank you!
    Rachel in AZ
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • KatrinaAuton
    Options
    It is! Our wallets and will power are weak, so we have to plan ahead! LOL
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great tips here! Thanks for sharing everyone.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have done this for a very long time... it initially started so that I would have quick easy dinners for the family at the end of a hectic work day.

Now I do it for my breakfast and lunch as well.

Breakfast I fix an egg cassarole Sunday evening, and divide it into rubbermaid containers.

Winter months I do a lot of soups and cassaroles in the freezer. Summer time I usually plan the dinner menu and prep it on Sundays (meat marinades are great, you put the meat in a ziplock with the marinade then put in the freezer. When you pull it out it marinades as it defrosts), then take my leftovers for lunch the following day. I do mostly grilling in the summer, so those leftovers are to die for.... plop the meat in a tortilla shell with lots of veggies for lunch the next day.