Fast food

Replies

• Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Fast food isn't inherently unhealthy.

I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Actually fast food IS inherently unhealthy.While one can lose weight while eating it, don't believe the marketing masters who want you to believe their product is good for your health. If it isn't full of fat, its full of salt, or sugar, or processed to the point of having very little nutrient value and lots of "fillers". I can drink a sugar free soft drink and cut calories, but what am I putting in my body? And what nutrient rich food do I no longer have room for because it satiated me for the time being? Not that one should deprive oneself of the joys of a piece of chocolate or some cake, or even a Big Mac if you want one, but know what you are eating so that it is an informed choice.

Le proof?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    So you go into people's diaries just cuz? WTF, why would you care what someone eats unless they ask you to look?
  • genchan
    genchan Posts: 28
    Stay away from McDonnies! After watching that documentary "SUPER SIZE ME", it scared me. LOL
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    The authors of the "why do people hide their diaries?" threads need only look to this thread as their answer.
  • brower47
    Stay away from McDonnies! After watching that documentary "SUPER SIZE ME", it scared me. LOL

I stayed away from having EVERY SINGLE MEAL come from McDonalds after "Super Size Me". Oh wait. I didn't even do that when I was at my heaviest.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Actually fast food IS inherently unhealthy.While one can lose weight while eating it, don't believe the marketing masters who want you to believe their product is good for your health. If it isn't full of fat, its full of salt, or sugar, or processed to the point of having very little nutrient value and lots of "fillers". I can drink a sugar free soft drink and cut calories, but what am I putting in my body? And what nutrient rich food do I no longer have room for because it satiated me for the time being? Not that one should deprive oneself of the joys of a piece of chocolate or some cake, or even a Big Mac if you want one, but know what you are eating so that it is an informed choice.

I truly feel sorry for you if you believe fat, salt, and sugar are bad for you.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    So you go into people's diaries just cuz? WTF, why would you care what someone eats unless they ask you to look?

If someone's diary is open I look for sure, this way I get ideas! I never look n say "omg ur eating that??!"

Well that makes sense. I guess I am more wondering about people that do it just so they can critique what people are eating. Unless someone asks or they are eating 10.000 calories a day, what they eat is pretty unremarkable to me. Even if they are eating 10,000 calories I still tend to with hold any kind of judgement, it's not really my business.
  • magerum

I stayed away from having EVERY SINGLE MEAL come from McDonalds after "Super Size Me". Oh wait. I didn't even do that when I was at my heaviest.

Or order the highest calorie meals you could, super sized, with regular extra large coke?
  • magerum

I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Rage quit didn't last long eh?
  • HeatherLynn82281
    HeatherLynn82281 Posts: 17 Member
    I work at the flea market every saturday and sunday. i don't have a fridge there to keep my food in, so other than a few pre-packed healthy snacks, my food options are limited. I'll send my daughter or my roommate out for food for me when I get hungry. I'd rather eat a southwest salad from McDonalds, or a turkey and ham on flatbread with spinach from subway than the greasy pizza and fries they have there. So yes, I eat fast food almost every weekend and I'm not ashamed of that fact. I just throw in an extra workout ar add another mile to my walk. Who are we to judge people's decisions anyway. We're all grown enough to understand the ramifications of our actions.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    I don't worry too much about what other people eat, but in defense of fast food, at least it is easy to figure out how many calories / fat / carbs / sodium something has. All the chains have websites with that information and McDonalds puts it in big numbers right next to the menu items. I wanted to eat at the local Chinese restaurant, but it was hard to figure out how to count stuff. Was the chicken cooked in oil? How much oil? How much sugar was added? It was too stressful. I just went to Subway.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    i eat fast food, microwave meals, and lots of chocolate!!! doesnt seem to be hindering my weight loss, ive lost 75 pounds in about 8-9 months!
  • brower47

Or order the highest calorie meals you could, super sized, with regular extra large coke?

Or this but only if the highest calorie meal includes a Big Mac since those and the fries are my only reason for going there. I love me a Big Mac!
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    i dont see the problem with having fast food or treating yourself to "naughty" food that you enjoy. it's part and parcel of a healthy life style.

in a week my diet is healthy, pretty clean and according to my goals. But If i wanted, I will have a Big Mac on a saturday or Sunday and not feel guilty about it.

Make Healthy eating a habit and a life style and Fast food a treat that you are entitled to have, thats the key to fitness.
    I agree depriving yourself only sets a person up for failure like binging later or quitting all together. Treats are treats and accepting them as that means you can have a healthy lifestyle and a little fun food once in a while. Besides some people are too busy to cook at home and tired for working long hours so fast food or restaurant food in general is apart of life for them sometimes.
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31

Not QFT

QFBS
    Not sure what QFT or QFBS means? A little help with the lingo since Im a little older?
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Not sure what QFT or QFBS means? I'm not up on all of the shortened lingo. A little help?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    The authors of the "why do people hide their diaries?" threads need only look to this thread as their answer.

I had a similar thought and I totally agree with you lol
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    As long as my friends are generally making progress toward their goals and aren't doing obvious damage to themselves (say, by netting 600 calories a day or something) then I don't judge them and am pleased to have them around for support and inspiration.