I've been debating...

Options
Whether or not to post a before or after thread, but I figure I'd give it a shot. My goal is 150 pounds, but I'm really happy with the progress I've made, so I thought I'd share.

In 2009, and at 29 years old, I was at my heaviest, and I was 200 pounds.

FAT1_zps813ae680.jpg

I took up a small amount of jogging in 2011, and changed my diet up a bit, and lost 20 pounds. Then, I started P90X in January of this year. This is me at 180 pounds, about five months ago, on the day before I started. (Sorry about the dirty mirror)

BEFORE_zps4a427aea.jpg

I'm currently 154 pounds, at 32 years old. I haven't been at this weight since I was 15. These pics were taken this week. I'm in my second week of my second phase of my second round of P90X, and follow the diet plan, with a cheat meal thrown in every week.

BATMANEDITED_zpsff2355a2.jpg

SHIRTLESS5_zps2e54c2b6.jpg

Replies

• lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    wow that's a huge difference. Well done :happy:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Holy crap! I wasn't expecting the last pic. Nice job! :drinker:
  • crocop1891
    crocop1891 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    damn bro way to go what an amazing transformation
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look fantastic. That is a lot of work. What was your biggest hurdle ?
  • Hash5m
    Hash5m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look awesome bro ... Way to go ... Congrats ... keep it up ... I am now starting from the same weight as you started in your before pic ... Hopefully I can reach my goal as you did ... !!!
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • kaioken92
    kaioken92 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

@Alwayssohungr:

My biggest hurdle was giving up sodas. Before starting P90X, I was drinking about four sodas a day. I absolutely, positively, loooooove Coca Cola. Although I did quit cold turkey, I still want a soda all the time.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Whether or not to post a before or after thread, but I figure I'd give it a shot. My goal is 150 pounds, but I'm really happy with the progress I've made, so I thought I'd share.

In 2009, and at 29 years old, I was at my heaviest, and I was 200 pounds.

FAT1_zps813ae680.jpg

I took up a small amount of jogging in 2011, and changed my diet up a bit, and lost 20 pounds. Then, I started P90X in January of this year. This is me at 180 pounds, about five months ago, on the day before I started. (Sorry about the dirty mirror)

BEFORE_zps4a427aea.jpg

I'm currently 154 pounds, at 32 years old. I haven't been at this weight since I was 15. These pics were taken this week. I'm in my second week of my second phase of my second round of P90X, and follow the diet plan, with a cheat meal thrown in every week.

BATMANEDITED_zpsff2355a2.jpg

SHIRTLESS5_zps2e54c2b6.jpg

Holy **** congrats!
  • jezamon
    jezamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done you!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The look on your face in that last picture says it all. Well done to you :happy:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    No need to debate man, you are smashing it like a champ.

Great work and progress pics, very inspirational. You should feel very proud.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result! Looking awesome. Well done!
  • kaioken92
    kaioken92 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks again, everyone. I'm usually pretty reserved about stuff like this, but I come from a family where everyone is bigger, and they think I'm nuts for the way I eat, and how I work out, so I receive a stream of constant criticism.

It's nice to finally get some "well done"'s. It's sincerely appreciated, and very motivational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!