anyone around 5'4 and 229lbs have a success story ?

Options
2»

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4.75" LOL and I have just reached my 40 pounds lost. I was 264 when I started MFP and I am down to 224 as of this morning.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'4" and weigh 225 and I'm beginning again. I had lost weight but due a death in my family I gained the weight back. When I was tracking my food and exercising 3-4 times a week I was losing between 1 1/2 - 2 pounds a week. I wish you all the best.
  • tinahorton
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started at 216lbs. Highest was 230, but got serious about this when my size 20 pants got too tight, and I could not bring myself to buy size 22. I downloaded the MFP app, and away I went. That was the end of February 2012. I am now within a half pound of my goal weight, and my size 8 pants fit with room to move.
    If I can do it, anyone can. I have bum knees from multiple injuries when I was younger, and have been told by a doctor "you're only allowed to run if you're being chased" so I don't completely ruin my knees. Turns out I also have a very low thyroid, which should make loosing weight harder, but I didn't let it stop me. Find an exercise that makes you happy, so you'll stick with it. REWARD yourself with exercise instead of punishing yourself. Yoga is now my source of pleasure instead of that chocolate bar.
    Do not feel like going over your calories one day negates all the good work you'd done all week or month long. I started giving myself permission to go over my calories for special occasions once in a while. A birthday dinner out, a rare happy hour with friends, and as the weight kept coming off I would allow myself once every couple of weeks to go over for ONE meal that day. I never let myself believe that one meal would ruin all my hard work. This kept me from having to feel like I was deprived, or a failure. I never wanted to be that girl who refused to enjoy a meal out because she was dieting, but I knew that the treats were the exception not the rule.
    Surround yourself with people who are happy for your transformation and develop a polite smile and walk away from the people who don't celebrate you. I lost 2 work "friends" who told me they hated that I was droping weight. I decided if they couldn't be happy for me that they weren't good friends. I surrounded myself with people who were supportive and positive.
    Hang that old dress that's too tight on a door in your house for motivation. BUY A SMALLER DRESS WHEN THAT ONE FITS. Take pictures, even if they're only for yourself.
    CELEBRATE your hard work.
    You can do this. All it takes it loving yourself enough to want it.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 3.5", and started Jan, 2012 at 240 pounds. I'm at 156 today. I'm in a size 8 (some 10), and a M in tops/coats.

The funny thing is that I'm smaller at this weight than I was 20 years ago when I weighed the same. That's because I started working out immediately when I started my new healthy lifestyle. I started the food part with Weight Watchers, then MFP in August. I'm now Paleo, and it works for me.

My weight loss has been slow and steady, and I'm so much healthier! I'm not sure what my goal weight will be, as I didn't expect to be this small at this weight.

You can do it! Just don't give up, no matter how many times you go off your plan, just get right back to it.
  • Javeedak
    Javeedak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, thank you.
  • nhkm
    nhkm Posts: 2
    Options
    Bringing this back up

Seems you ladies posted few months ago.

Hoping anyone current around this weight and height

Let's support each other!

22 yr/ 5'4/228 pounds
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and after I had my 2nd baby in 2011, I was 200ish. I lost weight and gained it back but I got serious last year and I'm now 143.4. My first goal was to make it 145. But my new goal is to weigh 135.
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started mfp at 232. Now I'm down to 174! I stil have another 30 lbs to go but I feel so much better. I went from size 16/18 down to size 12, XXL shirts down to size M/L.

bi9mb5.jpg
    2yoo5lz.jpg
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    Saving to read later!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Over 10 years ago, I was 258 lbs(I am 5'4) and wearing a size 26/28 pants. I used WW back then and lost down to 125(too low for me) and was most comfortable at 145lbs and a size 10. I maintained that weight loss through diet and a lot of exercise. I got into running/cycling etc... I eventually had to ease up on the running due to bad knees and also started eating more 2 years ago:( I regained probably 25+ lbs. Then, I found mfp and have had a lot of success using it as a tool to control my diet. Not only do a I count calories but I have found eating lower carb(not no carb) has helped me. I try to eat "clean" most of the time. I also was able to pick back up with exercise but am not doing too much running, just aerobics and strength training. I knew I would be successful this go around because I had done it before. The hardest part for me this go around was admitting that I had regained and did need to lose. 10 years ago when I lost weight, the hardest part was I didn't think it would work or I would be able to do it as I had never had success before. Looking back, my attempts before that were either not sustainable or I did not persevere and stick with them. You can do it. There are tons of success stories out there. You will be so happy you did, trust me!
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW: 235
    CW: 154.9

I still have 20 pounds I would like to see gone, but I'm comfortable where I'm at. I started with eating at 1200 for probably the first six months with a 2 lb/week and then switched to 1 lb/week and now eating Maintenance - 10% for NROLFW. I still do cardio 4-5x/week and list 3x/week. I've forgone soda's except for the occasional diet cherry dr pepper and only eat out on those special occassion, my family has learn to enjoy the new foods as much as I have.
    Feel free to add, always looking for new, active friends!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I started a little lower than your starting weight (215lbs) but I'm 5'4", 33 years old, and I've lost just over 60lbs so far. It's been a slow and steady process, but I found it's worked out really well. I started two years ago and because of the approach I've taken I haven't regained any weight, which is one of the most important things to me. What really kick started my lifestyle change was signing up to a boot camp. I've gone 3 days a week for the past two years and it's been pretty life changing. I also eat healthier (I didn't start counting calories until I had already lost about 40lbs) than I used to. I love cooking and I love eating so I try not to deprive myself of things I enjoy. My fridge is stocked with full fat cheeses, haha. I have an open diary as well. :)

AnmYPRX.jpg

JeUjtyX.jpg

weightface5.jpg
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I have not taken new pics, but thats ok because I have no idea how to post them. LOL. I am 5'2 and back in 2009 I recorded my highest weight at 226lbs. I lost a good amount of weight back then. The death of my father put me into a funk and I lost all hope and ambition in the health department. I put some of my weight back on slowly. This past Feb I decided that a size 16 was way to big for a gal my height. So my abition returned! Since 2009 until now I am 71lbs lighter! I sleep better, I work harder and my food choices are worlds better. Not always perfect...the fat chick in me still wants ice cream all the time!! But I curb her cravings and only allow it every two weeks or so. I am happier now, even in times of stress.....I can handle it better now. Th biggest acheivement so far (besides the weightloss) is I went from not being able to do a squat, to squating 105lbs. I love my muscles so much and plan to keep them. So,I thinki I will stop at 145lbs and mantain for a while to see how that weight fits me. I wih everyone on this journey the best of luck!!! I want to see more success stories on here!!!
  • redda777
    redda777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and at my heaviest was 245#. Am now at 211.6. I have faltered and succeeded. It takes a lot of effort. Not so much effort putting the weight on!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi! 229 was my start weight and I'm just about a quarter inch under 5'4". :)

I started in sizes 20 to 22 and now I wear size 4-6. I started in 2x to 3x tops and now I buy anything from XS to M.

e4bd91ed-27d7-4d07-bb8e-abf02a166f21.jpg

It took me 18 months to lose 85 lbs and put me into the "healthy" category. It's been about 9 months since then and I've lost about 15 lbs in that time.

I started out eating about 1800-2000 calories per day and slowly got down to around 1600-1700 per day after several months. I just tracked it, whatever I ate and even on days I ate 2800 calories. I do my calories by deficit (calories below TDEE). When I was obese, I was aiming for a 3500-5000 calorie deficit per week, when I was just overweight, I was aiming for around 3500 deficit per week, but once I got really close to my goal, I started aiming for just about 1000 calorie deficit per week. I always liked this post on calorie deficits :) (I set mfp to maintain and log my exercise calories so my calorie goal ends up being an estimate of my TDEE and the whatever is left is my estimated deficit) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

I started out doing exercise bike 5-6 days per week, then workout DVDs, about a year in, I joined the gym and now I do 2 days of cardio at the gym and 3 days of lifting.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    got serious about this when my size 20 pants got too tight, and I could not bring myself to buy size 22. I downloaded the MFP app, and away I went. That was the end of February 2012.

That is almost exactly me Tina. My size 20s were tight, I bought one pair of 22s and committed to change and joined myfitnesspal. For me, it was also the end of Feb, but in 2011 ;)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4.75" LOL and I have just reached my 40 pounds lost. I was 264 when I started MFP and I am down to 224 as of this morning.
    I am 217 now and maybe even lighter. I wasn't losing anything and had to go on Hormone meds for my estrogen dominance and then I also found out that I have adrenal gland failure. This makes it extremely hard to drop the weight.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, 51years old, and used to weigh 297lb.......... weightlifting was my key. Still is. I am a whole new person I LOVE LIFE NOW!!!
    Edit: The weightloss so far has taken 12months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!