What to do when the binge monster comes to visits

Options
2»

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Kick it's *kitten* back out the front door, slam the door shut and open the curtain and give it the finger...
    drink water... tea... go for a walk... read a book so many things... anything that will take your mind off eating!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Kick it's *kitten* back out the front door, slam the door shut and open the curtain and give it the finger...
    drink water... tea... go for a walk... read a book so many things... anything that will take your mind off eating!

I can't explain properly but its like I'm in a trance. I tell myself I should stop it but I can't. When I'm like this, I can't seem to link it to the consequences of not only not losing weight, but how yuk I'll feel physically afterwards.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

I can't explain properly but its like I'm in a trance. I tell myself I should stop it but I can't. When I'm like this, I can't seem to link it to the consequences of not only not losing weight, but how yuk I'll feel physically afterwards.
    That actually was how i stopped because i kept feeling like so gross inside i hated that feeling.
    Just had had enough of the feeling and stopped... but it isn;t that easy for everyone else.
    as well some people say that binges are your body saying it needs something/lacking some nutrient...
    maybe raise your calorie intake a bit.... i rarely binge but I eat like 1700 calories a day and then weekends are kinda fair game lol
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

That actually was how i stopped because i kept feeling like so gross inside i hated that feeling.
    Just had had enough of the feeling and stopped... but it isn;t that easy for everyone else.
    as well some people say that binges are your body saying it needs something/lacking some nutrient...
    maybe raise your calorie intake a bit.... i rarely binge but I eat like 1700 calories a day and then weekends are kinda fair game lol
    I won't lose if I eat that much though.
  • ShaylaWaruk
    Options
    Very well said!!! To me, this is a life journey, one that I will be doing all my life. I have to, don't want to be morbidly obese all my life!
  • Renilicious
    Options
    tumblr_lt31qhGk2n1qcbfrv.gif

People on this site really need to stop misusing the word "binge"

This. A binge is me buying an eating an entire bag of Snack-O's in a 45 minute span.

Only 45 minutes?

Amateur! LOL I could scoff that, a box of cookies, a box of chocolate seashells and four "snack" apple pies with 500ml of custard in that time in the old days.

Now I just try to slow a down and appreciate what I'm eating if I'm eating something "bad" - chew it properly, taste it, then swallow, don't just shovel. You will actually find if you stop and think about it that a lot of the stuff we reach for actually does taste pretty awful. Another method is that I will remove some from the packet and put the rest away though it helps not having the trigger food in the house to begin with. 2.5 years and 100lb down, I know better than most that this stuff takes a long time to deal with. You'll get there. Find what works for you.
  • crissyrox
    crissyrox Posts: 94
    Options

Jaz;
    I can definitely empathize with you. I am in the same situation right now and I like you am more worried about the fact I cannot seem to control myself, nor do I understand WHY I actually do it. I came on here this morning looking for some advice in helping me deal with the exact same thing. I can see myself eating it, know its bad for me, know I will feel terrible, but for some reason am unable to quit. Most days I am great and on track others not so much, and I feel disgusted with myself afterwards. Maybe we can just support each other on bad days? Hopefully it will help us both to know that although most dont struggle with it the way we do we are not alone?
  • StellaScott
    StellaScott Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes and take deep breaths, and count slowly from your weight now to your GW.

Oh, I like this one!