Migraines and people that get ill easy?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRainQueen
    TheRainQueen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sometimes migraines can be due to stressors (loss of sleep, lack of food nutrition, poor emotional state, weather, where your body stores stress, water dehydration etc.). I am actually having a more mild one now and there are different types Ive had since I was diagnosed at 12 years old. I have an allergy to aspartame (nutrasweet). So I avoid it. I also get migraines from stress but exercise, proper sleep and implementing certain things (a bath, heat pad or an ice pack) can help before I may be "forced" to take heavier medications for it. I try to stay as organic/homeopathic as possible. As far as always being sick, I have really had the problem with migraines but am healthy otherwise. If I get a flu, it can last longer than for some people but I rarely get colds or other things.
  • Asimi7
    Asimi7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Asimi sorry about your loss
    Its good you dont get ill anymore it must be something to do with the blood transfusion! I'm not sure what blood type i am but i do know i have a negative blood type because i had to have an anti D injection when i miscarried!
    Iv always have a rubbish immune system but mostly since i had glandular fever when i was 15-16 it completley ran me down and i was ill with it for over a year i took so much time off school and hardly went out with friends at all i would just stay home and sleep mostly!

So for you it started when you had the Glandular Fever? That's interesting. Sounds like that may have thrown off your chemistry somehow. Maybe a Naturopath could help? Long story, but I've had some residual problems since the lung infection...it will always be in my body, and I need to keep it dormant. Naturopaths treat you, they get to the root of the problem, instead of treating symptoms. The downside, a lot of insurances don't cover them, some will, in some states, as an out of network doctor. In my State, there is pretty much no insurance that will....so, it's out of pocket. I'm still considering it though.

So do you have a medication that works for your migraines? I had tried so many, but 11 years ago, finally found one that worked for me, Esgic+ (Butalbital), so now I don't worry about them, because I know that if I feel one coming on, relief is on the way.
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Asimi sorry about your loss
    Its good you dont get ill anymore it must be something to do with the blood transfusion! I'm not sure what blood type i am but i do know i have a negative blood type because i had to have an anti D injection when i miscarried!
    Iv always have a rubbish immune system but mostly since i had glandular fever when i was 15-16 it completley ran me down and i was ill with it for over a year i took so much time off school and hardly went out with friends at all i would just stay home and sleep mostly!

So for you it started when you had the Glandular Fever? That's interesting. Sounds like that may have thrown off your chemistry somehow. Maybe a Naturopath could help? Long story, but I've had some residual problems since the lung infection...it will always be in my body, and I need to keep it dormant. Naturopaths treat you, they get to the root of the problem, instead of treating symptoms. The downside, a lot of insurances don't cover them, some will, in some states, as an out of network doctor. In my State, there is pretty much no insurance that will....so, it's out of pocket. I'm still considering it though.

So do you have a medication that works for your migraines? I had tried so many, but 11 years ago, finally found one that worked for me, Esgic+ (Butalbital), so now I don't worry about them, because I know that if I feel one coming on, relief is on the way.

My migraines iv had since i was 12-13 but yer the illnesses have pretty much been since i had glandular fever i think it must have ran my immune system down so much i had sore throat and flu like symptoms every couple of weeks that would last a couple of weeks for over a year and i even had blood tests which the glandular fever still showed up in after a year of first being diagnosed! But docs didnt do anything for me about any of that just kept pumping me full of penicillin and other antibiotics as and when i needed them! No they put me on something called pizotofen (i think it was something like that) which did kind of work but i couldnt stay on them coz i was like a zombie on them i could wake up and i was just be exhausted coz they knocked me out!
    I am quite lucky because im in the uk so free healthcare but theyve just not bothered looking into any of it for me just fob me off with more pills!!
    I will have a look at naturopaths x