Please recommend a workout DVD?

Options
2»

Replies

• HyacintheAlcuin
    Options
    anything by beachbody (insanity, p90x, les mills combat, ect... ) or jillian michaels .... any other workout dvds imo are wastes of time and money
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've recently lost weight and toned up at the gym but now I won't have access to a gym for a long time. I have some dumbbells and wondered if anyone could recommend any good workout DVDs (or preferably one I can get for free on youtube!!).

I have a pretty good level of fitness. I'm 5'6.5 and around 136 pounds. I think this weight suits my frame so not looking to lose weight, although I understand I will probably need to lose a bit of fat to tone up as much as I want. Main focus now is really to tone up and get rid of the rolls of fat that won't shift from my stomach.

I've heard a lot of people talking about 30DS, my only worry with this is that I will be travelling around and would not be able to do 30 days straight.

I'll appreciate any advice :)

Check out Blogilates! http://www.blogilates.com/

All of her workout videos are on youtube, and she puts out a new calendar every month to help keep people focused and make sure you're not getting bored. :smile:
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How about looking on YouTube at pilates, for toning?:smile:http://www.poppilatesdvd.com
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've recently lost weight and toned up at the gym but now I won't have access to a gym for a long time. I have some dumbbells and wondered if anyone could recommend any good workout DVDs (or preferably one I can get for free on youtube!!).

I have a pretty good level of fitness. I'm 5'6.5 and around 136 pounds. I think this weight suits my frame so not looking to lose weight, although I understand I will probably need to lose a bit of fat to tone up as much as I want. Main focus now is really to tone up and get rid of the rolls of fat that won't shift from my stomach.

I've heard a lot of people talking about 30DS, my only worry with this is that I will be travelling around and would not be able to do 30 days straight.

I'll appreciate any advice :)

Check out Blogilates! http://www.blogilates.com/

All of her workout videos are on youtube, and she puts out a new calendar every month to help keep people focused and make sure you're not getting bored. :smile:

So glad you posted this! I just looked it up and I think this will be my next challenge, once I finish Insanity. Thank you!
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    Insanity for sure!
    I just finished it and am definitely stronger and my running speed and stamina have increased as well :)

I bought mine off craigslist for 50 bucks brand new. You can always download it too.

GASP! How DARE you! Now shaun T is gonna have to wait TWO extra weeks for his solid gold swimming pool! Your so selfish!

Hahaha and I still will be waiting forever to get my gold swimming pool :) And..the person I bought it from sold em through beachbody he said :)
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    Why not check out the library and see if there are some DVDs available that you can try for free until you decide what you want? Also, a good variety of exercise DVDs often turn up at thrift stores and rummage sales.

I have never done Insanity, but from all I've heard, I can't recommend it unless someone is extremely fit already. It starts out really tough, and makes most people extremely tired and sore for at least the first week of the program. Reasonable exercise programs start you out gradually, and don't almost kill you the first week! The company that sells Insanity promotes expensive shakes they want people to buy so they can survive the workout.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jari Love, Amy Bento, Cathe Friedrich, and Ilaria Montagnani.

I don't like the JM videos because she walks around her exercisers, and I need an instructor who is performing the exercises.

I'm doing 30 ds and I find it annoying too how she just talks most the time and barely works out. I'll have to look into your suggestions.
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    I never go to a gym and have always worked out at home. It really depends on what you like to do. If exercise isn't fun, you won't do it. I am a BIG Chalene fan. I have Turbo Jams, Turbo Fire and Chalene Extreme.

I did the Jillian Michaels has some good videos. I try to vary the workouts so they don't get boring. If you like dancing, Zumba is great too.

Good luck and have fun!!
  • Happy2Shop21
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme is a great toning up workout, and Les Mills Combat is pretty kickass as well.
    If you just want to dumbbell work, go with ChaLEAN, but if you want to add some intense cardio, Combat is the way to go.

Just my 2 cents.

I highly recommend the ChaLean Extreme.I've been on this program for a month and a half now and have gotten some really great results. It keeps me motivated to push forward. When I feel like I need an extra workout with cardio I do the Zumba - Activate DVD at home.