disgusted and disapointed

Options
2»

Replies

• Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If you gained any pounds from this it would be fluid. You would have to have eaten 3500 cals over your TDEE to put on a pound of fat, one meal on one day is not going to do you any long term damage. It's only if you did it every day and ate over your TDEE.

So give yourself a break, if you need to write your feelings about this on a piece of paper and burn it afterwards. Let it go. It was one meal. In my experience beating yourself up about it only leads to you eating to stuff your feelings and more unhealthy choices. In reality you can eat anything you want if you are under your cals for the day but it is better to aim for healthier food choices because they make you feel better and this can take time to change. I don't think that anyone here has lost their weight perfectly. And let's face it if you are to think like a slim person you might indulge in this once in a while and never think anything of it.

You need to change your mindset about food and your relationship with it. It's not all or nothing it's slow changes over time that are sustainable that will get you there.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I had a Nathan's double cheeseburger, large fries and chocolate shake today. That's a 2000 calorie lunch. I'm eating some lean chicken and veggies tonight to fill out my macro and micro needs.

Do I do that every day? Absolutely not.

Do I feel guilty about it? Absolutely not.

It is food, not a religion.

I agree with this!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I had a Nathan's double cheeseburger, large fries and chocolate shake today. That's a 2000 calorie lunch. I'm eating some lean chicken and veggies tonight to fill out my macro and micro needs.

Darn, would feel more guilty about food than about religion....
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options

So much truth.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Choco shake and fries? Yumbolisciousness.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I agree with this!

Me too, and don't think about it so much that it makes you nauseaos, if that's what you mean. Go distract yourself and know you can do extra workouts or watch your cals closer over the next few days. You have other options than being sick over it. Even if you did nothing I mentioned to correct it, you still have every day ahead of you to eat how you want to eat.
  • am2anangel
    am2anangel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't need professional help honestly I'm quite stable. I did not and do not purge after eating. I was just shocked and disapointed when I saw the calorie, fat, and sodium count. I guess I should have expected that for fast food after all.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't need professional help honestly I'm quite stable. I did not and do not purge after eating. I was just shocked and disapointed when I saw the calorie, fat, and sodium count. I guess I should have expected that for fast food after all.

I just read your profile. Don't let this get you down. You work hard enough already. The only problems are a few extra calories and some sodium. The fat isn't going to hurt you. I actually work to get fat into my diet because our bodies need it and it doesn't harm you like the old diet advice indicated. The sodium flushes out with water and won't affect your body fat loss. So that leaves the calories. Leave those to even out with other days. Again, you have this. Just let it go.
  • am2anangel
    am2anangel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feed back and encouragement. Just wanted to say; I'm good now. I'm not a basketcase and I do not need professional help. I did not and do not purge after eating. My walking for 85 minutes between the treadmill and outside was a bit excessive for me. But it felt good doing it. Just wanted to reassure anyone with worries. When I hastily posted this I was in shock and disapointed with myself at the results of calories, sodium , and fat content. If anything it made me more aware of my choices and gives me second thoughts about fast food choices and letting myself get over hungry. Ty all for your input and advice. :flowerforyou:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Most places have their NI listed on their websites. Next time you decide to eat out make sure to look up what you want before you order so you don't have any surprises.

Also it might help to get rid of the all or nothing attitude.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    2684dd4a-3e4c-4a37-8b3d-4371470fe123_zpsc2ee80ed.jpg

Cry Much?

I literally laughed out loud at this
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Me too. I made the mistake of getting off from work and getting a Mcmuffin because I was hungry. I got home and ate it....

looked in the mirror...

and thought.....damn

I should have bought two.....
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I ate a burger king chicken sandwich and half a small fey. The calories fat and sodium made me want to go tjeow it all back up.

seek the help of a professional. this is scary.

I agree with links_slayer.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty disgusted and disapointed with myself eigjt now. I ate a burger king chicken sandwich and half a small fey. The calories fat and sodium made me want to go tjeow it all back up. On the bright side I did 45 minutes on the treadmill (which feels wasted now.) And I didn't eat the whole thing of fries just half. But still disgusted and disapointed in myself. No wonder I have trouble losing weight. I let my stomach do the thinking. I think I better go out for a nice long walk if my knee holds up.

Yesterday the weather was lousy and I ate like a piggy in a candy store, could not eating if I wanted too. Today is a new day, I plan to do 50 minutes of circuit training and 35 minutes of step aerobics and eat within my calorie count. That's what I suggest you do now, dwelling on what you have eaten so far is not going to make you feel any better.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We've ALL been there. Don't kick yourself over it. Just use it as a learning experience and continue eating healthy and exercising. One meal will not make or break you. It's funny how it seems like such a simple concept to simply choose sensible amounts of healthy foods. We choose what to put in our mouths yet food has such a grip on us that it seems like we can't help ourselves. But you got this, you CAN overcome your bad habits. :)
  • Lachesis
    Lachesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The day I restarted here, June 5, I ate 1/3 of my birthday cake (it was a smaller round one) and 1/3 the next day. I was so ticked. More so than had I ate BK or something kinda food like.
  • dreamweavers4
    Options
    Seriously not a big deal. Log it, forget about it, move on!

yes! Don't worry, you can do things like that once in a while, I may have just started my journy, but I know that if you try to comit to NEVER eating what you love you will fail. Give yourself one cheat day a week where you can eat out or something, don't eat nothing but junk all day long, but if you know there is one day a week you can go to burger king and eat what you love there you will have much more success and you will not feel guilty about it!
  • mararabb
    mararabb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The goal is not to make this a diet - the goal is to make healthy choices for the rest of your life. BUT there are always going to be little bumps. I'm not going to say that I'll never eat another cheeseburger and fries, or pasta, or birthday cake. What you want is to be able to recognize when you've eaten something not-so-healthy and to not make the same choices every day. A fun meal occasionally isn't going to do serious damage.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Correct at the next meals and move on, don't stress about it.

Instead, analyze: why did you make that choice? Did you have enough for breakfast? Did you not eat enough the day before? Did you forget to go grocery shopping, or plan/prep a lunch, and find yourself stuck?