• socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    it was going to be a treat but i ate raseberries in stead
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Per McDonalds' website, the ingredients:

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative]), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. * CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

Hydrogenated oils. My arteries are clogging just reading that.
  • socrates02
    Options

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative]), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. * CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

• ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    Those fries are good there are the best fries out of any fast food joint ....... oh you mean how bad are they for you? You're F***ed
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Cooked in trans fat. Yes, that's really bad.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Those fries are good there are the best fries out of any fast food joint ....... oh you mean how bad are they for you? You're F***ed

Yeah, i second that! Definitely the best fries out there. They have the right combination of salt, fat, sugar, grease, and whatever else is in it. Man, i might have to make a run later. Those fries are sooooo good.
  • jennifershoo
    Options

Exactly!

And LOL at all the vegans who thought they were eating potatoes!!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Honestly, they're not so evil. A medium serving of fries contains:

380 calories
    19g fat
    4g protein
    48g carbs
    5g fiber
    270mg sodium
    15% of your day's Vitamin C
    2% of your day's calcium
    6% of your day's iron
    0 trans fat
    0 cholesterol

Yes, you could make more nutrient-dense choices for that 380 calories (or 230 if you get a small). But something like this is relatively easy to fit into just about anyone's day, especially if they're exercising and have a fair number of calories to consume.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love Mcdonald's fries. But have only had them when on vacation since starting here. One way to avoid all the salt they layer them with is make a request for an order of fries with no salt. I've always done that. Guarantees you fresh hot fries without the added sodium particularly when I had high blood pressure.

Didn't realize you could do that.
  • socrates02
    Options
    sad day for my belly .....just kidding! But what about jack daniels
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options

Whoa...wheat? Well, that explains a lot. My daughter has celiacs and I know that those were a treat for her. She's usually really careful when eating out at restaurants, but sometimes she calls to tell me she has know idea why she would have the symptoms. Wonder if she knows about this. She's really gluten sensitive!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options

380 calories
    19g fat
    4g protein
    48g carbs
    5g fiber
    270mg sodium
    2% of your day's calcium
    6% of your day's iron
    0 trans fat
    0 cholesterol

Yes, you could make more nutrient-dense choices for that 380 calories (or 230 if you get a small). But something like this is relatively easy to fit into just about anyone's day, especially if they're exercising and have a fair number of calories to consume.

So this is the best answer...

A cal is a cal is a cal is a cal.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    They are so good good good. But bad for you. Calories are high. Ok if thats what you eat evety oncr in a while.
  • jennifershoo
    Options

380 calories
    19g fat
    4g protein
    48g carbs
    5g fiber
    270mg sodium
    2% of your day's calcium
    6% of your day's iron
    0 trans fat
    0 cholesterol

So this is the best answer...

A cal is a cal is a cal is a cal.

Health is not just about calories.