New to mfp looking for motivation and support

Options
hey everybody am new to this site been trying to lose weight for sometime. i do well for afew weeks then I slip back again then get all down and depressed then turn to food for comfort. I know i can achieve this. I am not surrounded physically by people with the same aspiration as me so it makes it very difficult. Need to reach my goal by december so please am in need of some support and motivation and this is the place to be. Goodluck everyone :)

Replies

• jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    I'd love to help you out!!! I'll add you!!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, always looking for more to motivate/help motivate me.
  • evedavis29
    evedavis29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks yall :)
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!! We can keep each other motivated!!
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am always up for new positive friends! I will add you :)
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard! Feel free to add me; I'm always willing to offer support and encouragement. :)
  • shellir05
    shellir05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love motivating people, and it keeps me in line :)
  • chickadelta
    Options
    I do exactly the same, this time I'm trying not to be too harsh on myself, slow and steady wins the race
  • Sandyv1965
    Options
    I'm brand new here as of yesterday! Add me too because I haven't figured out how to add anyone yet! lol
    always looking for motivation and support and willing to give it too!
  • nikkochic
    nikkochic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello everyone. i am new to MFP . always looking for motivation. add me if you wish. i am feeling a little un motivated right now
  • maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you can count on me.. feel free to add me guys:)
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    There really is no silver bullet....you just have to make it a priority. Some days when I get off work I'm really excited to get to the gym...other days I hate it. I count it a bigger victory when I go on days that I don't particularly want to go. Build it into your schedule. For me I found that if I go straight to the gym after work I have the most success....I have the equipment to workout at home, but it's easy to slip into blah mode. Best of luck to you.
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    here for support.. Welcome to MFP req sent
  • evedavis29
    evedavis29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Trallaurrum
    Trallaurrum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always happy to motivate, but I do expect to be motivated right back! :)
  • beautifulebony
    beautifulebony Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, feel free to add. I am a newbie too. We all need a helping had at times. There are going to be weeks when you slip up, but when you do, its good to have friends or a whole community that can help get you back on track.
    Keep your target in your mind at all times. Why do you want to lose the weight, how you are going to lose it and if you fall of the wagon what are the consequences of your actions. You will be fine, just holla when you feel like you are on the verge of giving up. :smile: