Day ONE!

Options
Hello MFP friends!

My name is Amy and today is the first day of the rest of my life! Okay, i know that sounds cheesy, but, really. I need to make a change and today is the day I start to be more aware of how I treat my body. I've got a long way to go, and it won't be easy, but with the support of this wonderful community, I know I will make it!

If you'd like to share some of your tips, tricks, motivations, or inspirations with me, I would love some positive vibes!

Thanks, and good luck!

Amy

Replies

• raymondstott
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck with your goal :smile:
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    hi ! You can add me if you like!
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Always open to new friends, add me if you like :).
  • Rmolars
    Rmolars Posts: 28
    Options
    good luck!! you can do it!! feel free to add me :)
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me :D
  • MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy.....and you're right ...today is the first day of the rest of your life. Always remember why you want to be healthier esp. in times of temptation (socials, parties, work lunches, beach days and bbq's) which occur quite often in my life anyway! Feel free to add me for support:smile:
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Just starting too, best of luck! Add me if you'd like!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and exercise. Don't weigh yourself constantly. Don't let minor setbacks derail you.

That's it. I wish you the best in achieving your fitness goals.
  • k_ramroop
    k_ramroop Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!! I just started back myself.

I've found a few blogs that are good for healthy and inexpensive recipes - budget bytes and skinnytaste.

Crockpot recipes have been great for me as far as making things easy, especially when I'm tired after a long day at the office and I don't want to cook :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    good luck amy

hope you achieve all the goals you set yourself :)
  • shawnschulze
    Options
    BEST of luck...It's a GREAT APP...just work with it..
    Great to work on your main computer then go to smart phone..
    so awesome, but you have to make yourself figure it out!
    Shawn
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Just one day at a time! We were and are all in the same shoes!
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy- today is actually the 3rd day of the rest if my life ....lol I did a restart 3 days ago and so far so good:)
    Feel free to add me I'm OCD about logging and plan to start being active more since its summer break and my daughter has decided to elect herself as my fitness coach this summer.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My suggestion: take your "before" pics now. I know that I wish I had done so when I started. Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • amyemcmahon
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind the saying, "A year from now you'll wish you had started today!" Well, congratulations...you have!

I keep that and other inspirational sayings and pictures on the fridge (perfect spot, I'd say :laugh: ) that help me when I go on autopilot and head for a snack. It's stopped me in my tracks many times!

Good luck, realize you'll have some days where you aren't as good as you want...but forgive and move on.
  • mariahays
    mariahays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    into day 10 with mfp (i am a returnee to mfp) by all means, add me if you would like :smile:
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Day 10 here :) Youll do great add me if youd like, I HAVE A LONG JOURNEY AHEAD :)
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :)