Do I count liquids?

Options
Hey,
I am new to trying this and was wondering if I am supposed to count liquids in my daily calories? Things like milk, soda,juice, ect. Any help is appreciated! I want to be successful at this and was just wondering about that. Thanks!

Ann

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes you are.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most liquids - except for plain water - will contain calories.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    liquids,solids, and the oil you fry in you should count everything or your counter wont be accurate

it's a bit confusing at first but once you do it every day it gets easier :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    don't forget about condiments. ketchup, relish, mustard, mayo.... everything
  • whierd
    Options

You don't count ketchup bro.
  • annabelle0126
    Options
    Thanks! Tomorrow is officially day 1!
  • whierd
    Options
    Why not today?
  • brittanydwright
    Options
    anything that has calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options

Why not?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

So do you know of a zero calorie ketchup please enlighten us
  • whierd
    Options

Why not?

Ketchup is a freebie. Like spinach.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options

Why not?

Are you effing with me?

Also the rather large boobies say I am no bro. Bro...
  • whierd
    Options

Why not?

Are you effing with me?

...no.
  • PatiG28789
    Options
    If liquids have sugar, sodium and/or calories, then yes they have to be counted. This is why nutritionist will tell you to drink black cofffe and your 64 ounces of water a day.
  • PatiG28789
    Options
    Ketchup has sugar in it as well, so it does have to be counted
  • dveit84
    dveit84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, count liquids. Many people consume a lot of their calories from the liquids they consume. Especially from sodas, juices, etc.

And yes, ketchup DOES have calories - so it should be counted.

Keep charging!
  • hautetheory
    Options
    Heck Yeah! Once you start counting your calories you will see just how many "empty" calories we consume. I would suggest staying away from any soda or juice (even the "natural" ones). I hardly ever drink juices anymore because I was personally out of control with it. Good luck on your journey and make sure you pretty much count everything. I found out even gum has about 5 calories!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Anything that goes in your mouth. And with liquids, stick to water. Sodas and juice have way to much crap, calories sugars and things you don't need if your trying to lose weight.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If you didn't count that, you could be missing a LOT of calories, which could completely derail your weight loss.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You have to! You'll be surprised how many calories are in a cup of milk or juice.