any 1200 calorie success stories?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 Calorie Diet, most of the time I am under my 1200 calories.

But due to a foot injury and arthritis, I do minimal exercise.
    Since I hurt my foot, I am doing Chair exercises and exercises I can do on my bed.

I have lost 9 pounds in 30 Days.
    My key is to eat more often, even if it is just a snack.

For example: This afternoon I had 2 ounces of blueberries, 12 Special K crackers with 1 tablespoon of Weight Watcher cream cheese.

If I want chocolate, I have 1 dark Chocolate kiss.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have lost all of my weight on 1200-1300 cals. I never feel tired or hungry at the end of the night, it is all about eating the right things. It really frustrates me that people harp on about you cant lose weight at 1200 cals, and that you HAVE to eat more. For me if I eat more I gain weight, simple as that.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The question I have is: if you CAN eat more than 1200 calories/day and still lose weight, why wouldn't you?

Would you lose the same amount of weight in the same amount of time by eating more cals? I think the obvious answer is no. So that could be one reason.

But can you now maintain that for the rest of your life? I can't. But to each their own. More power to ya
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1,200 a day but I am also keto, and I manage just fine. I lose about 1-1.4lbs a week. I always feel full \o/
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" ,starting weight at 136... I sit at a desk all day and lightly exercise after work on the elliptical for about 30 minutes, maybe 3-5 times a week. I set my goal at 1200, but looking back at the last 2 1/2 months I've actually been netting about 1300-1350. So far I've lost 9 pounds! I say that it's working pretty well at that goal. I like setting it at 1200 b/c I know near the end of the week I'll want some wiggle room.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've been at around 1200 calories for the last 9 months. I have lost 70lbs. I'm not trying to "race" or do it fast or anything. I work out almost everyday (running) and try to pay attention to how my body feels. 1200 calories can be a LOT of food if you are eating really clean, and healthy. I really think it should be more about the quality of your food, than the quantity of your food.

I agree with this. I am re-starting my 1,200 calorie diet. I lost 40Lbs doing this. I am up 10 now and need to lose it again.

At one point while on this diet, I was actually having a hard time reaching the 1,200! If you eat fruits, veggies, etc. then there is no way you will be hungry.

Just make sure and include some snacks!
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thank you for this post. I lost 9lbs last year staying with the 1200 calorie diet. I uped it and started eating my excercise calories back and I gained all the wieght back! Im going to try it again and see what happens. I think it can be alot of food if you eat healthy

That's impossible, it's either water weight or you eat more than you remember.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I lose fine on 1200, but I do eat back at least half (or more) of my exercise calories. I'm not hungry on 1200. I am pretty sedentary in general and try to walk or do something a few times per week. I think my age and my no longer functioning thyroid has something to do with my slow metabolism (I take a synthetic hormone). Also, I'm 5'4" and a small frame so that might have something to do with it. When I maintain I don't really eat much more than that. I just had gained for a few years because I was definitely eating way too much and way too often.