5'5" ladies out there?

Options
Hey girls,

I'm 5'5" and weigh 181 pounds. I'm working towards 145 and have lost 3 pounds in the past 3 weeks. A pound a week. I'll take it. For those of you who are my height do you have any before/after or in progress pictures? I know everyone has different builds but it helps me stay focused when I can see at what other people have accomplished.

Many thanks,

Nadia

Replies

• elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OR better yet. www.mybodygallery.com
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 135lbs. :) Sent you a friend request. I started out at 185 but I don't have any of those pics on my profile.
  • virgogrrl77
    virgogrrl77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate you!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

I am 5'5". This is progress from 164 lbs to 142 lbs

The first three photos show the difference over six months when I was only doing cardio.

The last photo is ONE month of difference of only doing heavy lifting and zero cardio, and only ONE pound lighter than in the photo before it. I wish I had started heavy lifting from day one. It's magical.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 185 lbs. Currently at 130 and in maintenance. I have a before and after pic on my page if you want to take a look.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

The first three photos show the difference over six months when I was only doing cardio.

The last photo is ONE month of difference of only doing heavy lifting and zero cardio, and only ONE pound lighter than in the photo before it. I wish I had started heavy lifting from day one. It's magical.

I am always a little shocked at the dramatic change you went through.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

Amazing!!! How long we're you heavy lifting before taking that pic?! I started about a month ago and I'm hooked!!

One month. I'm totally hooked, too.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and currently at 188. GW is ~150 but I my first goal is 25% body fat for now.

I dont have progress pics as I am still on my journey but I have lost 30 lbs so far and pretty much lose 1 lb a week for the past 20 weeks (the first 10 lost took almost a year because of yo-yo diet crap).
  • wiggam17
    wiggam17 Posts: 22
    Options
    Oh my gosh, how did you do it? thats fantastic
  • wiggam17
    Options
    Hey,

i'm 5'5 and just started back up today. I'm in college and struggling maintaining a great weight. I'm 155lbs and want to be 130lbs any words of encouragement.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I am that height and weigh 145. It is a good number but I will try for 140.....
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Started MFP around 150 and working down to 135. I have big hips and a lot of lean muscle mass, about 24% body fat right now so can't go too much lower than that.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

I love how you're posing in the first three photos and in the last one you're relaxed and just KNOW you are the shizzle.

*runs to the weight room*
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Bump for more
  • wiggam17
    Options
    I am that height and weigh 145. It is a good number but I will try for 140.....

i was at 140 but i hate when the doctor is like you should be smaller. and i'm curvy. wish they put a body style section too.
  • virgogrrl77
    virgogrrl77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

Amazing!!! How long we're you heavy lifting before taking that pic?! I started about a month ago and I'm hooked!!

Dang girl! :) I'm inspired. Thank you for sharing.
  • ironbutterf1y
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

Another 5'5" here.......W0W! Your proof that heavy lifting is the way to go.
  • skinnydreams1997
    skinnydreams1997 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5 t0 5'6 and I'm about 126 pounds right now. I have a 27 inch waist and I'm a small/medium frame so I look just slightly chubby. My goal would be to become 116 pounds.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    RP55VQa.jpg?1

Another 5'5" here.......W0W! Your proof that heavy lifting is the way to go.

Thanks! Yeah, I am wild about it. For years I was SURE I would hate lifting, but wow, was I wrong about that.