Breast getting larger and perkier after weight loss?

Options
So this may sound a bit odd but I wonder if anyone is going through the same thing? Since I've lost weight I went from a 38DD to a 34C which left my breast a bit deflated and small, BUT lately I've noticed a tremendous change in their appearance. They've gotten quite perky and look a lot bigger than they did a month ago and I'm still losing weight (so that can not be the issue). They look a lot more filled out and smoother. Has anyone had a similar story? I'm actually pretty happy about it but I would just like to have a hint to what is going on so that I could maybe continue the process and keep seeing the results ;)

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Never faced this myself, but it makes sense if you're working with weight training and stable fat-loss that your body is just adjusting in its normal ways. Count your blessings!....or grab a preggo test. ;)
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    Mine went south I think the are on their way to hang with my belly button
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    my first immediate thought was pregnancy. After 4 children, the only time mine looked fuller and perkier was with the horomones associated with pregnancy.
  • christinawshere
    christinawshere Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Haha definitely not pregnant! Only 19 and just finished my last menstrual haha
  • tuathanari
    tuathanari Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You say that like 19 yo's can't get pregnant. :laugh: I know that's not what you mean but haha.

Edit: aaahhh, you edited, now I look silly :)
  • Teysa
    Teysa Posts: 26
    Options
    some women still get their periods while pregnant, or at least have loses. The fact that you bled doesn't mean you can't be pregnant. You can just check just to be sure
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yup this happened to me too! I'm guessing we lose more of the fatty tissue that's there and the muscle gives it more shape? Not too sure on that :P But I'm happy with the results! Congrats to you :wink:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    |Have you benn weight training? I lost two cup sizes while losing 60lbs, then started lifting heavy and gained a cup size while losing another band size...Definitely a little more volume to it too - and |I'm definitely not pregnant either! :
    Just another perk (no pun intended!) of weight lifting....: :drinker:
  • christinawshere
    Options
    Haha they sure can but not if you've never been sexually active ;) I do agree with the poster above that it may have to do with weight training. I've been doing the insanity program and it involves a lot of pushups and upper body workouts so maybe that may be helping?
  • christinawshere
    Options
    I think you are definitely onto something. I have been doing a form of weight training through the insanity program so maybe that's what's causing me to see these results.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Every woman who has lost weight and now has deflated breasts (including me) is cursing you in their heads right now. :laugh:
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Have you been working out? :)
  • aspmg5
    aspmg5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine are looking more perky and alert as well. They're still smaller than they were before, but they look a lot more lifted now. I do attribute it to strength training for sure.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing recently, I first put it off as wishful thinking! But then I realized that I have been doing more upper body workouts, so I think that might be what has happened!
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Are you doing any upper body exercises? I have seen people mention that working out your pectoral muscles, as a female, can help make your breasts look more lifted, but I don't think it makes them bigger (at least not the breasts/fatty tissue themselves), but can give the illusion because of the muscles underneath? I'm not entirely sure, though.

I know for me, my breasts look and feel bigger before, during, and slightly after my period, so maybe it's hormonal changes, as well.

Whatever the reason, good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Mine looked deflated at first, but with the additional fat loss they are looking much better nowadays -- perkier, smaller. I'm pretty happy with them @ the moment and hoping they will only get better.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Mine went south I think the are on their way to hang with my belly button
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Mine did the same!! Just got off my TOM, so I know I'm not pregnant! Mine have actually gotten a little bigger than when I was heavier! It's crazy.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Mine always inflate before during and a little after menstration... it may be a hormone fluctuation :p