50 lbs+ weight loss goal...

Options
Once I graduated high school I gained an excessive amount of weight, three years later I've noticed just how badly it's gotten and I want to get healthy again.

200 lbs + (last time I weighed myself I was around the 200 mark)

Friend me if you want, looking for diet tips, work out tips, friends and motivation!

Replies

• Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me bud. I try (sometimes fail) to keep up with my friends daily. I know that little words of encouragement go a long way. I have a goal to lose roughly 115lbs and am always happy to take on new "pals" on my weight loss road!
  • IrisIrisPG
    IrisIrisPG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Iris and am pushing for 100 lb. weight loss. I can shoot for more, but right now I feel if I write down more, I will get discouraged too easy. I have a few friends from church on this site (that's how I found out about myfitnesspal), but the more the merrier. I so want to lose the weight.
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi - My name is Keisha and I'm new to the site. My goal is to lose 75 pounds in a healthy and sustainable way. I would love to join your group and I could really use the support.
  • 1supermomee
    1supermomee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new at this....I have spent several days using protein drinks with a friend who is preparing for bypass surgery and realized that I want the option to eat real food! My first goal is 50lbs and would love to have people to encourage and encourage me to keep going!
  • samcan50
    samcan50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well, this makes me feel really archaic, but I have never chatted in an online community before so am not even sure I am doing this correctly. But I think being part of a group would be helpful so here goes. I have started and stopped this program so many times so I figure I need to try something different that may help me stick with it. I need to lose 80 pounds! AAAHHHHHHHH
  • 1supermomee
    1supermomee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not great at it either, don't feel bad! Not sure how this all works. I am trying to figure it out so that I can start fresh on Monday! Welcome!
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Hannah and I'm trying to lose about 65 pounds of fat and get some muscle! Would love to join your group! Good luck!!
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Want to lose 80..

Anyone feel free to add!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Michelle!

I don't have a lot to lose this time around. But I am on here daily and offer daily encouragement.

I suck a fitness tips, since I have medical problems that make exercising hard. But I am determined to tone up and lose my last 11 pounds!

Starting Weight - 167 in 2009
    Lost 40 pounds in 2011
    Weight when starting MFP again - 140
    Current Weight - 130.8
    Goal Weight - 120-125 (Hoping for 120).

My tip for all - take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Yes you will go over. Yes you will have days you don't exercise.

My diary is open - I eat dessert, I drink wine, I eat pizza. And I'm still losing the weight. It's just making the calories fit into your goal and it's all about moderation!

Best of luck to everyone!
  • SRECNAZVEZDA
    Options
    You're right. Eating real food is the best way. I use supplements like this: http://newslimmingstore.com/

Good luck
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar boat as you...I gained about 80-100 lbs in the 10 yrs I've been out of school...I started my weight loss journey a yr ago, lost 20 lbs in 2 months, then fell off track for...10 months! Yuck!! However, I'm back now and lost another 15!! :-)

That being said, I still need support, but I also feel I can be helpful to others! Feel free to add me! I'm fairly new to MFP and I'm loving it here so far.
  • cathgosden
    cathgosden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Cath. I need to lose around 92 lbs - to start with anyway!!

Have started today - was an eye opener quite how many calories are in my spaghetti bolognaise dinner tonight.

Be great to chat with others at a similar stage in their journey

Thanks

Cath
    x