Fell off the horse

Options
Hi, my name is Jack.

Between January and March of this year, I was really good about losing weight. I stuck to my diet, and was remaining active.

This was when I was in the dorms at my school. I didn't make any progress in April or May due to a very stressful performance schedule (theater major). So I need some help getting back to losing the last 30 or so lbs I need to lose.

Any tips on single living dieting and exercise would be great!

-Jack

Replies

• Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Being single and a student myself, I find it easier to meal plan for the week and then make a meal planning on having any leftovers for the next day. It takes some of the stress out of 'oh geez, what the heck do I do for dinner' out of the equation. Hope this helps and wish you luck on your journey. You can do this!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just get back up on the horse! You obviously know what you need to do, it's just a matter of doing it. You can do this!!
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just get back on and do it..For me i think it would be great to be single and lose weight..wouldnt have to cook full meals for the hubby ..a soup or salad will be dinner for me and thats it..
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Just get back up on the horse! You obviously know what you need to do, it's just a matter of doing it. You can do this!!

horse-meme.jpg
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is to not buy any food that isn't on your plan. :) Single living dieting is way easier than married living dieting or sharing a home with other peeps. At least you are in control of what food is brought in. (Not counting dorm living and the school's food plan though... but if you are living alone.) It's also nice when it comes to exercise too because it's basically YOUR schedule other than work. No kids to taxi around, a spouse who wants supper, etc. (We don't have any kids and my husband usually gets home a few hours after I do, so this doesn't affect me either, but I've heard this from friends.) :)

Definitely having a meal plan works. Also, maybe cook batches of food on Sunday that you can freeze into single servings for later in the week. I like to buy a few pounds of ground beef and then on Sundays I'll cook it up and freeze into 1/2 pound servings - which is more than enough for a crockpot of chili with lots of leftovers. Most meals will freeze up pretty well, even pasta with sauce. By having a freezer full of ready-to-eat meals, it really cuts down on the whole "what the heck should I have" and "maybe the drive-through would be easier" kind of thing. I think most frozen meals can be in the freezer for at least a month, so that can give you quite a variety to choose from.

You can do it!!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Just get back on and do it..For me i think it would be great to be single and lose weight..wouldnt have to cook full meals for the hubby ..a soup or salad will be dinner for me and thats it..

It would be so nice not to have to cook for an entire family. I wouldn't have any problem staying on my diet then :smile:
  • annaang30
    annaang30 Posts: 6
    Options
    Try eating kid sized amounts of foods, also bulk up on veggies and fruits. Also try only 1-2 snacks during the day and try to make them things like apples & peanut butter (that's if your not allergic to nuts) also try ants on a long with low-fat or fat free cream chess and sprinkled with raisins.
  • k_ramroop
    k_ramroop Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's a great website/blog I discovered not too long ago called Budget Bytes that has some great healthy recipes for those on a budget. http://www.budgetbytes.com/

Good Luck on your journey!!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Any time I know I'm going to be busier than normal I plan meals for the week and then take a few hours on Sunday afternoon to cook and prep anything that can be done ahead of time. My busy time is January so I will have all 4 burners going with chicken soup, black bean soup, chili, and lentils and a roast in the oven. I portion it out and freeze everything that won't get eaten in a few days. All I have to do is remember to pull something out of the freezer so it thaws in time for whatever meal I want.
    During the summer I still make a menu for the week and prep whatever I can. I cut up vegetables and put fruit in single serving containers. Whatever can be done early, is done. I can't make a tomato basil sandwich ahead of time but I can slice the mozzarella and the bread so all I have to do it cut up a tomato and pluck some basil.
    I pack my breakfast and lunch the night before so I'm not scrambling. I put milk and Truvia in my travel mug and keep it in the fridge. I even lay out my clothes. If I have everything ready to go then I'm not scrambling around in the morning. I can get dressed, grab my lunch, pour my coffee (also on a timer) and be ready to go. So even if the dogs take their sweet time finding just the right spot to pee, I'm not running late.
  • Karenober
    Karenober Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't give up, stick with it. It is all about portion control and working in exercise when schedule permits. Don't give up just because you hit a plateau. Heck, we all hit them. BUT THEN I THINK HOW I WOULD GAIN IF I DID NOT CONTINUE TO MONITOR and that gives me faith to stay with the program. I am down to losing my last 5 pounds. And stuck here for weeks. But heck, a lot of folks here have to lose much more and stay with it. So keep the faith, look for ways to control portion size, choose healthy options, walk when you could have driven, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Go for a brisk walk every time you want potato chips. but take one or two chips first to satisfy that salty craving.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    everybody falls of from time to time, even horses...

Horse-Exercise-Ball-Fail.gif

just get back up.

reverse-1287507497_horse-plazying-with-big-ball.gif

sounds like you need to plan your food / meals better.

oh and I enjoyed these two:

reverse-1249580179_fat-woman-falling-in-pool.gif

reverse-1332266116_wipeout_slowmotion.gif