I made it to GRADUATION!!!!!

Options
naturallyme36
naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
NSV- For the past week and a half I have been planning for and focusing on my daughter's graduation party and arriving family members and friends and really been slacking off with my WL journey. My eating has been all over the place and I have not exercised at all. I began thinking to myself that maybe I'm just not ready for all of this and I might be one of the people on earth that is meant to be heavy. I went from training for a 5K to sitting on the couch with chips and sandwiche(s) watching a 5K event on TV and yes my body was feeling it.
So fast forward to graduation day........ I decided to ride in the car with a few family members and we left the house in good timing, however, we were not prepared for the traffic jam that we encountered. While sitting in traffic the clock seemed to tick extra fast while the time moved up even faster. My heart began to pound as my anxiety went into high drive. I thought to myself, I cannot miss my daughter walking across that stage. Then the Idea hit me to get out of the car and RUN along the service road all the way to graduation. Everyone in the car tried very hard to talk me out of it by saying that I would never make it because it was too far, too hot, and too dangerous but something inside of me said JUST DO IT ANYWAY, IF YOU DON"T TRY, YOU CAN"T FAIL.
I got out of the car, took off my heels and ran like I had stole something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once I arrived to the graduation, the building was packed wall to wall and they were closing the doors due to fire restrictions but I got in and I MADE IT JUST IN TIME TO SEE MY DAUGHTER WALK ACROOS THE STAGE AND RECEIVE HER HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today my daughter called me from her friends house and told me that all of her friends were excited and that she felt proud when they found out that the CRAZY WOMAN running down the highway just to get to a high school graduation, was HER MOM.
It was at that very moment that I accepted that I was not meant to be heavy and that ALL of my hard work was paying off. If she would have graduated last year, I would have missed this special time in her life. I thank GOD for the strength and message.
OH YEAH BEFORE I FORGET..................... EVERYONE Else in the car MISSED graduation, BUT I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blushing:

Replies

• weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!! Hard work and determination paid off in spades!! I'm glad your daughter was proud of the crazy things moms will do for their kids!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I'm sure your daughter is so proud! I bet she can't wait to tell everyone how you made it to her graduation, that will be a fantastic story for years to come and something I'm sure you will both always remember. Way to go!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Your daughter graduated and so did you in a way. I remember the first time I ran ... it was an amazing feeling. Congratulations to both your daughter and you!
  • naturallyme36
    Options
    Thanks for all of your positive words.
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's the best NSV I've heard in quite awhile! What a great family story that will be passed down for generations, most likely!! You must be so proud of daughter and self!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I totally love this story! Way to go!! And I'm glad your daughter told you she's proud of you! She'll never forget what you did for her!!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    (tear jerker.) Congratulations to your daughter *and* to YOU!
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What a great story - sometimes you just have to do what that little voice tells you to do! Congrats to your daughter and YOU.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    This was an amazing story! Go you! That is fabulous!
  • naturallyme36
    Options
    What a great story - sometimes you just have to do what that little voice tells you to do! Congrats to your daughter and YOU.

Yes, you're right and I'm really glad that I did listen. It feels great to know that your efforts are appreciated and that you can really believe in yourself and your abilities.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of story that you tell forever! Congrats to you (and your daughter) for making her day extra special. The benefits of a healthy body are never-ending.
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! Congratulations.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That was amazing to read, bought a tear. I can imagine how you felt sitting in that car.
    I'm so glad you went for it. What a fantastic result.
    Best NSV I've heard for a long time. Well done.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    well done. Keep going..
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh this made me tear up. You are amazing and your daughter is so lucky to have you. Great work!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    beautiful nsv!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Great story and you just took "can't" out of your vocabulary! Never get between a mother and her child! Congratulations to her and to you!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you got to see your daughter graduate. That is such a special moment.
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My daughter is my motivation in life!! Super happy for you and your daughter's special day!! Go MOM you rock!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!