Workout Concerns

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred a few days ago and I took the day off yesterday because I had a lot of major back-to-school shopping for my son that needed to get done. Tonight will be day 3 and in an abundance of caution, I want to make sure my joints will be okay. I've noticed today that my knee feels very... tight? I don't know how to describe it, other than the sensation a joint gets right before it pops - wrists or fingers are the most obvious ones for myself. So, I'm concerned that I might do some harm to my knee tonight. I think it goes back to not wearing the proper shoes: I've been doing the Shred barefoot (I KNOW SHAME ON ME :noway: ) and I wear terrible shoes (flip flops) if I'm outside of the house. I'm going to wear sneakers tonight :grumble: and hopefully avoid any possible damage. If there's any advice y'all have about this I'd love to hear it! I really don't want to take a break from the Shred, it's my goal to complete it, unlike the C25K! :heart:

Replies

• momma69
    momma69 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you want to work out barefoot (I do all the time) wear a knee brace...you can buy them at wal-mart in the pharmacy section! I have RA so it is essential that I wear one and it helps...you could give it a try ....you'll only be out 15 bucks if it doesn't work
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I lift weights barefoot. Other than a couple close calls with droped weights I've been fine.

Bare foot is the most natural way to excersise.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    take a nice soak tonight and take an anti-inflammatory....yoga (soft stretching) and warmth may help a lot :flowerforyou:

mostly, ALWAYS wear good support, even is that means those cheapy inserts and double socks....or your body will fight back with major pain :noway:
  • dougsheldon
    Options
    Bare foot is the most natural way to excersise.

You should always exercise with comfortable shoes on, otherwise you could have ankle problems, and hurt yourself real bad.
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just read an article in Womens Health about how running barefoot has many benefits. Such as landing on the ball of your foot rather than your heel...etc. I think if it works for you go for it. However...speaking for someone who has an ankle injury...I would never work out without good sneakers. I can not even walk barefoot without pain! That's what a 6 inch plate and 11 screws will do for you...even after they are removed!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid barefoot work out gal..do it all the time...i've never been injured...no blisters..nothing. I think you should also mix up your routines, it's never good to any program day in and day out, boredom can also set in, i'd suggest adding other workouts to your week..the possibilities are endless, why stick to the same thing everyday.