Your progress without alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I've haven't noticed a difference minus alcohol unless it gets in the way of dragging my butt out of bed to get the the gym. The key to my 31 lb. drop has been cutting sugar out of my diet.

Alcohol IS sugar. It is what alcoholics with the DTs are craving. It is the sugar in the alcohol. Many people do not realize that.

Alcohol is not processed by your body the same as other sugars. And no, when someone is an alcoholic their cravings will not be appeased by an oreo.

LOL, umm, the DTs will stop and yes, adding sugar will help with the physical part, not the mental part. How long have you been sober and working with other alcoholics?
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Id expect bigger changes to your bank Acct then actual diet..moderation is fine but if its causeing you to miss work or miss working out cause your hungover then definateley cut back
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    Options
    When I started a couple weeks ago, my trainer told me that alcohol was the one thing that would really hold me back. Very social person and really enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner. I gave it up...it has only been a couple weeks but haven't seen any acceleration in weight loss. I am going to keep up with it for now...
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Just an update that I have had no alcohol for over a week and was given the chance to on Saturday night but declined. Feel so much better for it!