wanting to shed 20lbs and be serious this time:)

Options
Hi my name is RENEE , I'm 49 years old and looking for someone to help keep my motivated. need friends please:)

Replies

• Fiiddlestix
    Fiiddlestix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Gives some awesome results :). Good luck with reaching your goal!
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have 30 pounds that I would like to you lose. and I really need to get myself back at it. my cousin just got engaged and I am going to be in her wedding.feel free to add me
  • 6952to70
    6952to70 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Renee If you use MyFitnessPal you WILL lose the weight! :-) I faithfully recorded everything I ate and drank on MFP for 8 1/2 -9 months and lost 57 pounds. Their data base is absolutely amazing.....I even found full recipes in their data base from my Healthly Cooking Magazine. When you record everything you will be surprised at how much you can actually eat and stay within the calories allowed per day. I haven't been on MFP for awhile and it seemed to change my eating habits and I have been able to keep off the weight. I want to lose that last stubborn 8 lbs so I'm coming back to make sure I stay on track to get it off. Don't get discouraged....just be true to yourself and record everything and don't let anyone 'sabotage' you :-] There will be many people that will think it is OK to take a bite of this or that....I just decided there were many things I didn't want to get the taste in my mouth because I would want more.....I decided that I was not going to eat to make someone else happy! :-) You can do it!! GO FOR IT!!
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post. If you log everything on MFP, you will lost weight. If I can do it, you can do it. (I'm 46) Every couple weeks, you can add something new. I didn't worry about exercising the first couple weeks - I just focused on logging everything, drinking water, and no processed carbs. Then, I added some cardio. A couple weeks later, squats & crunches. But what never changes is the logging. Look at the Motivation section of the message boards when you feel weak. Instead of going to the fridge, walk to your computer and browse MFP. Also, whenever possible log your food before you eat. You'll make adjustments later, but it'll give you a sense on where you want to spend your calories, sugar, fat, etc. MFP works.

Congrats 6952to70 on your weight loss & maintenance. That's very inspiring.
    08312013 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Renee,

I started May 30th with the goal of 20 lbs by August 31, 2013 (thus my log in name). I, too, am SERIOUS THIS TIME! I am soon to be 47 and I have been fighting this battle my entire adult life. There have been times when I was at my goal weight and running regularly, but the last time was 8 years ago. So, consider yourself friended.

~08312013