Berries - Helpful Hint to keep them fresh

Do you come home from the grocery store and put your berries in the fridge and before you can eat them they mold. You can stop this from happening by rinsing them with a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water. I personally am all about easy and use the vinegar and water mix to clean my counter tops. It is a natural anti bacterial. So I rise the berries and spray them with the vinegar and water solution right out of the same bottle. I use Apple Cider Vinegar. My berries never mold. Don't worry about it changing the taste it won't. You can open the fridge and just grab one and it from the carton after you have sprayed them. Also as far as the smell on the counter tops there is the initial vinegar smell but after it dries there is no smell at all.

Replies

• Thanks for the tip. I always kept my berries from going bad by eating them in one sitting :-) I think I'll try the vinegar approach.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    I use a mix of white vinegar and apple cider vinegar :) I find there is a bit of a taste, but with the apple cider vinegar, it is pretty good!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Thanks for the tip on the berries. I'll give it a try.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Fresh berries and no ugly vinegar taste, I got to try this.