Carb Cycling

Options
I'm thinking about starting to do the carb cycle method next week. Do any of you have open diaries you would let me see using this method? I also wanted advice on how to reset my macros and calories. Do you change these on MFP every day? Did you set your macros at a certain % etc?

Thanks!

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling is more of an advanced method if you're very lean. Just stick with a mild deficit and keep trucking on.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. I don't plan to change my macros. I set them for my low carb days and just know that I'll be "in the red" on the high carb days. I set my calories for the high carb day and just know that I want to be "under goal" on the LC days.

I'm not going to stress it though. Considering I was consuming 200+ grams of carbs before now, any reduction will be an improvement.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling is more of an advanced method if you're very lean. Just stick with a mild deficit and keep trucking on.

^ This. I really wouldn't bother with a cyclical method (or refeeds which is strikingly similar to cyclical intake) until you're already lean.

Unless for some reason you experience greater performance/dietary adherence.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    +1
    If you are worried about staying lean all 'year round, keep eating like a normal human being and progressing then you can cycle - or if it helps you to keep your diet in check then why not :)